|Page (1) of 1 - 08/31/04||email article||print page|
Elgato Announces Updates For EyeTV and EyeHomeAlso announces new pricing for EyeHome and EyeTV (August 31, 2004)
Elgato Systems today announced major software updates for the EyeTV digital video recorder and EyeHome digital media player. The updates enhance functions in the previous versions and add new export functionality. The new version of EyeTV allows users to export in iMovie, iDVD and DVD Studio Pro formats making it easier to edit professional quality recordings. The EyeTV 1.6 upgrade is available now as a free download on the Elgato website www.elgato.com.
The usability and navigation of EyeHome are significantly enhanced by the update to 1.5. Elgato has also updated the EyeHome graphical interface with a fresh, new design.
"With today's releases we deliver some of the most frequently requested features to our customers", said Markus Fest, Elgato's CTO. "We're especially proud to make many advanced features also available to EyeTV USB users with this update. This demonstrates our strong commitment to improve our products and serve the needs of the EyeTV community".
New pricing for EyeHome and EyeTV
Elgato further announced new pricing for the award winning EyeHome and EyeTV effective today: EyeHome will be available for 199,00 USD and EyeTV 200 for 299,00 USD. After the successful launch of EyeTV 500 and higher-than-expected demand, Elgato is pleased to announce that this product is now in full stock and available for order.
New features at a glance
EyeTV 1.6 software update
New features available today include:
- The following export formats for your EyeTV content:
- iMovie and iDVD (DV format)
- Direct use in DVD Studio Pro (Elementary Streams)
- Toast (MPEG program stream)
- Web and Email (MPEG-4)
- Support of closed captioning in North America (EyeTV 200 only)
-Signal strength indicator for all digital television products (EyeTV 300/310/400/500)
- Support for Dolby 5.1 surround sound on the Power Mac G5
-Dolby-certified AC3 audio decoder included
-Reduced CPU use during playback on machines that support Apple's Quartz Extreme technology
The EyeTV 1.6 software update requires a Macintosh PowerPC G4 minimum 500Mhz.
EyeHome 1.5 software update
New features include:
- Enhanced navigation including a popup window containing information about the currently displayed video or song
- Localization to French and German
- Use iPhoto to choose your own slideshow during playback of iTunes music with iPhoto
- Improved DivX support including DivX 3.x and 3ivX 4
- Support of the Ogg Vorbis audio format
- Playback of pictures and aliases directly from the "Pictures" folder
- Photo transition while watching a slideshow from top to bottom.
About Elgato Systems
Elgato Systems (www.elgato.com) creates award-winning hardware and software products, combining the benefits of the Macintosh computer with popular consumer electronics devices such as the TV to create the ultimate digital home. With their premiere product, EyeTV, Elgato is a worldwide leader in digital video recording for the Macintosh. Founded in 1992 by Dr. Markus Fest, the inventor of Toast CD recording software, and led by CEO Freddie Geier, Elgato is a privately held company with its headquarters in Munich, Germany and a US subsidiary in San Francisco, California.
Elgato's award-winning EyeTV product series includes EyeTV USB, EyeTV 200, EyeTV 300 (DVB-S), EyeTV 310 (DVB-S with CI), EyeTV 400 (DVB-T) and EyeTV 500 (ATSC).
Related Keywords:Elgato Systems, EyeTV, EyeHome, digital video recorder, digital media player, iMovie, iDVD, DVD Studio Pro, EyeTV 1.6, Markus Fest, Dolby, Apple, Quartz Extreme, DivX, Ogg Vorbis,