|Page (1) of 1 - 10/08/01||email article||print page|
Electric Rain Ships Swift 3D 2.03D Flash utility adds modeling features, RAViX II rendering
The latest release offers a number of new modeling tools. Version 1.0 had few the ability to generate primitives but was primarily geared toward importing objects created in other programs. But version 2.0 adds the following tools:
- Extrusion and Lathe Editors
- PostScript font support
- Targeted cameras and lights
- Extended primitive selection
- Automated timeline scaling
- Non-uniform scaling of objects
- Numerical positioning of objects
- Ability to animate materials.
Version 2.0 also gains new rendering capabilities. It's powered by the RAViX II rendering engine, which Electric Rain touts as "the fastest and most versatile 3D to vector conversion available." It includes the ability to render in two-, four- and full-color cartoon fill modes. It also adds the following enhancements:
- Shadow rendering for self, plane and object shadow casting
- Specular highlights for cartoon fills and gradients
- Line weight, color and detail settings for control over wireframe output
- Up to 50 times faster rendering while handling 250,000+ polygon models
- Previewing system to view and edit rendered scenes before writing a file.
Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at [email protected].
Related Keywords:Electric Rain Ships Swift 3D 2.0