|Page (1) of 1 - 07/13/04||email article||print page|
Electric Rain Launches Swift 3D v.4.0Modeling environment for 3D export to Macromedia Flash (July 13, 2004)
Today Electric Rain, Inc. announced the release of Swift 3D version 4.0, a standalone application allowing designers to build and export vector and raster-based 3D animations to the Macromedia Flash (SWF) file format, as well as other popular formats.
"We are very proud to introduce a powerful new set of features that expand on Swift 3D's renowned ease-of-use and unrivaled vector output, further solidifying our leadership in the 3D to Flash market," said Mike Soucie, President of Electric Rain. "Swift 3D now allows designers unfamiliar with 3D to easily and quickly output professional quality 3D animations, while providing unlimited room for growth through its new advanced modeling environment and animation tools."
Key benefits of Swift 3D:
* Powerful and easy-to-use 3D toolset built around concepts familiar to 2D designers
* Exports high-quality, low-bandwidth vector and raster output to a variety of formats including SWF
* Automatically converts imported 2D vector artwork (AI or EPS) into 3D objects
* Imports existing 3D models in the 3DS & DXF formats
* Tight integration with Macromedia Flash through proprietary Swift 3D Importer
Key features new to Swift 3D v4:
* Advanced Modeling Environment: Build custom models with powerful polygon modeling toolset and enhanced bitmap texturing controls
* Precise Animation Control: Designate the exact path of animated objects using Bezier curves with control handles
* Drag-and-drop Galleries: Rapidly design 3D scenes using professionally built galleries of models, lighting schemes, animations and bevels
* Workflow Enhancements: Improved Lathe and Extrusion Editor functionality, inclusion of cameras and lights within hierarchy, Web assistant and more
"Macromedia opened the Flash file format to enable companies like Electric Rain to deliver rich 3D content that can be experienced by over 500 million users who already have Flash Player installed on their desktops," said Carol Linburn, senior product manager, Macromedia. "With Swift 3D V4, Electric Rain allows Flash developers to incorporate striking 3D elements in their designs, product demonstrations, virtual tours, games and advertisements."
"Swift 3D has become a vital piece in our Web design arsenal. We are particularly keen on its ability to quickly output professional grade 3D animations that always surpass our client's high-level expectations," said Eric Jordan, CEO, 2Advanced Studios (http://www.2advanced.com).
Swift 3D V4 is available immediately on the Windows platform, with the Macintosh OS X version soon to follow. The SRP for Swift 3D V4 is $189.00 USD (Full) and $99.00 USD (Upgrade) for the download and boxed CD version. Swift 3D V4 is currently available from the Electric Rain website at www.erain.com.
As a special bonus, customers ordering Swift 3D V4 within the first month of release will save $10 on the upgrade price and receive a free copy of Swift 3D Xpress (value $99) - a 3D extension for Macromedia Flash MX 2004.
About Electric Rain, Inc.
Electric Rain is a fast moving multimedia software company with a vision of bringing easy-to-use 3D and multimedia tools to the masses. Through the release of Swift 3D, the Swift 3D plug-ins for 3ds max and Lightwave 3D, Electric Rain has quickly become the industry-leading developer of 3D-to-vector solutions. More information about Electric Rain, its products and technologies is available at http://www.erain.com or by calling
Related Keywords:Electric Rain, Swift 3D, Macromedia, Flash, 3D animations, SWF, Mike Soucie, Swift 3D Importer, Modeling, Animation, Carol Linburn, Eric Jordan, 2Advanced Studios, Swift 3D Xpress,