|Page (1) of 1 - 10/12/11||email article||print page|
Elance Online Employment Report Reveals New Hiring TrendsBusinesses Hiring in the Cloud Defy Other Employment Trends (October 12, 2011)
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 10/12/11 -- With jobs being the topic of discussion throughout Europe and the United States, President Obama hit the road to rally support for his jobs creation bill. However, a new quarterly Online Employment Report from Elance, the leading platform for online work, shows that more work is moving to the cloud across all industries. In contrast to sluggish hiring in the traditional employment market, the number of businesses hiring online workers jumped 107% and Elancers earned 51% more in the last year, with a record $38 million earned in Q3 2011.
"Increasingly, businesses are able to find the talent they need in the cloud," said Fabio Rosati, CEO of Elance. "They build teams and distribute work to software developers, graphic designers, engineers, lawyers, accountants, researchers, writers and other knowledgeable workers who offer their invaluable set of skills to clients worldwide."
To review the full Elance Online Employment Report, please click here.
Notable hiring trends this past quarter include:
- Engineers Building Momentum. Businesses need engineering expertise across nearly every discipline today and demand for engineers is growing on Elance: Chemical Engineering (+155%), Network Engineering (+45%), Civil Engineering (+36%), Electrical Engineering (+28%) and Mechanical Engineering (+13%). CAD skills also saw greater demand: AutoCAD (+32%), ArchiCAD (+60%) and Rhino CAD (+7%).
- More Compliance. Demand for legal professionals, with lawyers specializing in Tax Law (+69%), International Law (+27%) and Employment Law (+13%) all saw significant increases during Q3 2011.
- Customer Service Excellence. Customer service agents and virtual assistants on Elance have earned 58% more than last year in Q3.
- Mainstream 3D. Demand for experts with 3D multimedia skills saw a sharp increase this quarter, with 3D Studio Max up 61%, 3D Modeling up 28% and 3D up 13%, as businesses seek another dimension for creative and visual storytelling. Similarly, demand for video skills such as After Effects rose 24%, Videography went up by 33%, Final Cut Pro saw a 26% increase and demand for Video Editing went up 21%.
- Mobile Still Hot. Businesses fueled a 32% increase in demand for iOS skills, spiking a 25% growth in demand for those with iPad-specific skills. Android has extended its market share lead and saw a 14% surge in demand.
- Managing Customer Relationships. Salesforce.com experts saw a 35% rise in demand, while SugarCRM (+9%) and Data Interpretation (+29%) also saw increases, indicating heightened focus on CRM and customer data.
- European Expansion. While the United States maintained the top position for hiring online workers on Elance, Europe now boasts four of the top ten countries: United Kingdom (#3), Germany (#7), Netherlands (#8) and Switzerland (#9).
Elance, the world's leading platform for online work, helps businesses hire and manage in the cloud.
For businesses looking to staff-up a team on an hourly or project basis, Elance offers instant access to qualified professionals who work online. Elance provides the tools to hire, view work as it progresses and pay for results. Elance is faster and more cost-effective than job boards, staffing firms and traditional outsourcing.
For skilled professionals who want to work online, Elance offers access to qualified clients, a virtual workplace and guaranteed pay for great work. Contractors have already earned more than $440 million on the Elance platform.
The company is privately held and headquartered in Mountain View, California. For more information, visit Elance at www.elance.com.
Phone: (415) 963-4174 ext. 4
Email: Email Contact
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Online Employment, Unemployment Rate, Online Work, Freelance, Online Professionals, Cloud , Business Issues, Law & Regulations, Software Developers, Graphics Designer, CAD, Multimedia, Engineers, Graphics, Anim, CAD/CAM/CAE, Graphics/Design, autocad, Dassault Systemes, Interactive/Multimedia, Germany, Switzerland, USA, Marketwire, Apple Final Cut Pro, Engineering, england, Other,