|Page (1) of 1 - 09/11/07||email article||print page|
Eight Universities Use Digital Signage from Rise Vision, Inc. to Extend Campus CommunicationsStudents have access to business news, campus information, and messages in a convenient, easy-to-manage system (September 11, 2007)
- Texas State Technical College has enhanced cross-campus communications by using the Rise Display Network to communicate messages and provide news, weather, and sports via display systems located in its multiple satellite campuses.
- Sam Houston State University has installed a twin ticker system in its main entrance, and new displays. These new LCDs are in addition to its existing LED wallboard and ticker for its banking room, and its ticker and LCD display in its investment lab, all provided by Rise Vision.
- Missouri State University has installed nine LCD displays in its College of Business to communicate announcements from the six departments of the business school. The displays will be located by the elevator banks on every floor of the building, as well as in the student lounge.
- North Carolina Central University (NCUU) has added two 32-inch LCDs to its digital signage system, and now boasts 14 LCDs in its business school to provide awareness of financial market activity, communicate information on upcoming student events, and deliver student messages. Rise provided NCUU with a complete solution, including LCDs and software.
- Indiana State University has installed Rise Engines and the Rise Display Network content management system to control four LCDs to inform students about upcoming events and to communicate messages from the Student Life department.
- University of Virginias Darden School of Business has added a 40-inch LCD in its admissions area, which it uses to communicate messages to students and display financial information. The University has an existing Rise display in its main hallway.
- University of South Carolina-Upstate has installed a 40-inch LCD in the lobby of its business school to communicate market information and campus messages to students.
- Villanova has deployed Rise Engines and the Rise Display Network to power the content displayed on three LCDs located in different buildings throughout the campus.
?Digital signage is an effective way to distribute news and campus information, and a linked network of displays controlled via our centralized content management system enables schools to easily and quickly offer updated content, said Ryan Cahoy of Rise Vision. ?While most schools use our solutions to display campus information, they like knowing they can also use the system to easily push out emergency messages and other critical information.
Rise Vision develops the Rise Display Network, a web-based content management system that enables users to quickly, easily, and cost-effectively create customized content for a network of large format public information displays. Companies can choose live content options including stock ticker feeds, sports scores and live news and incorporate their own custom information for a simple subscription per video output.
About Rise Vision, Inc.
Rise Vision (formerly Rise Softools), develops the Rise Display Network, an internet-based display control center that enables users to manage digital signage networks via the web anytime, anywhere. Universities, financial institutions, and businesses nationwide use the Rise Display Network to deliver customized, compelling content to flat-screen LCD or plasma displays. Rise Visions digital signage is installed in thousands of sites, enabling companies to attract attention and deliver their message to public information displays featuring live weather, sports, financial information, and news. Rise Vision partners with industry-leading companies to deliver a complete digital signage solution, including SYNNEX Corporation for distribution, NEC Display Solutions for LCDs, Peerless Industries for mounting solutions, Minicom Advanced Systems for video distribution, and Matrox for video cards. Rise Vision was founded in 1992 and has offices in Shawnee, KS USA and Etobicoke, ON Canada. For more information, call 877.538.7473 or visit www.risevision.com.
Rise Vision, Inc.
Harris Media Services
Related Keywords:digital signage, campus security, education, financial, business schools, content management
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved