|Page (1) of 1 - 04/02/10||email article||print page|
EffectiveUI Unleashes Creativity for the Apple iPad Through Ideate Sketching ApplicationOne of the First Applications Developed for the iPad, Ideate Serves as a Digital Sketchpad for Capturing and Sharing Ideas (April 02, 2010)
DENVER, CO -- (Marketwire) -- 04/02/10 --
- EffectiveUI today launched Ideate, a sketching application for the iPad that helps people collaboratively bring their ideas to life.
- Ideate is one of the first applications created specifically for the iPad.
- The application is unique because of the templates and the library of clips and icons it offers for several different audiences:
- Physicians: Diagrams of different systems and body parts help medical professionals illustrate diagnoses
- Fashion Designers: Model templates help bring next season's hottest fashions to life
- Coaches: From hockey to basketball to soccer, field templates help team leaders visualize their plays
- Landscape Architects: Easily demonstrate how shrubs, trees and rocks will beautify a landscape
- Musicians: Scores provide a quick way to capture a tune before it's forgotten
- User Interface Designers: Interface templates provide a starting point for application development
- Doodlers: Blank slates, grids and even tic-tac-toe templates beckon the best scribbles and sketches
- Photos and other images can be uploaded from the user's photo album or the Web and used as templates or additions to sketches.
- Sketches can be shared with others via e-mail or by uploading to Flickr.
Other Key Facts About Ideate
- Ideate was created by designers and developers who were seeking a way to capture their ideas digitally.
- As the development progressed, user research brought to light several other professions and audiences that could benefit from the ability to turn ideas into visuals.
- EffectiveUI created the application with a goal of showcasing the power and functionality of the iPad and giving users a glimpse into the future of collaborative computing.
- The application is available on the App Store(SM) for $3.99.
- "This application will meet so many different needs for people to better capture and share their ideas," said Rebecca Flavin, CEO of EffectiveUI. "The Apple iPad is a perfect platform for this kind of collaboration, and the developers at EffectiveUI were able to leverage the device's unique features to develop this useful tool. We are invested in Ideate and are using it internally to better communicate our ideas and concepts. We'll continue to enhance the feature set to provide even more opportunities to share ideas."
- Learn more at www.ideateapp.com
- Follow Ideate updates on Twitter: @ideateapp
- Buy the application: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ideate/id364169711?mt=8
Founded in 2005, EffectiveUI is an award-winning, user experience agency that specializes in the creation and implementation of custom Web, mobile and desktop applications. EffectiveUI merges innovative technologies with expertise in user experience strategy, design and development to help today's most respected brands deepen customer engagement through more exceptional software experiences. The company's applications deliver competitive advantages, increase customer satisfaction and loyalty and produce measurable results. EffectiveUI has developed groundbreaking applications for organizations such as National Geographic, eBay, NBC Universal, Viacom and Discovery Channel. It has earned an Adobe Gold Partner distinction and membership in Microsoft's Global 20 Agency Partners. In September 2009, Inc. magazine ranked EffectiveUI No. 55 on its 28th annual list of America's fastest growing private companies -- the Inc. 500.
Apple, the Apple logo, and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords:EffectiveUI,Applications,Public Relations,Productivity Applications,Internet,Business Issues,Desktop Applications,Other Applications,Internet Server Applications,E-mail,Public Relations,USA,Marketwire, Inc.,Apple Computer,Gold,Internet Technology,Hockey,Soccer,Basketball,Other,