|Page (1) of 1 - 09/08/04||email article||print page|
EditShare to Demonstrate EditShare Version 2.0 at IBCMedia sharing and collaborative editing solution (September 08, 2004)
EditShare LLC (www.editshare.com), the pioneers of cost-effective media sharing and collaborative editing systems for digital media artists, today announced EditShare Version 2.0, a feature-rich new release which will include new media management features to further simplify media sharing, management and collaboration and expanded storage capacity and scalability for its base systems. EditShare Version 2.0 will be generally available in October, 2004; however, customers who purchase today will be eligible for a free upgrade to Version 2.0 upon its availability.
With this new release, EditShare has added sophisticated new management software features, including graphical representation of disk space in use, giving editors a quick and easy snapshot of how storage space is being used for jobs in process at any given time. Also with this announcement, the Company has expanded the standard base storage of entry level systems to 2 terabytes, making the EditShare system an even more viable solution for offline and online collaborative editing. EditShare Version 2.0 is also available in an expandable rack mount version which is scalable to 12 TB of storage. Executives from EditShare will be at IBC 2004 in Amsterdam, stand #7.937, to demonstrate EditShare systems, discuss Version 2.0 and the Company's strategy moving forward
"EditShare has struck a major chord with editors from all over the world and feedback has been pouring in since our launch at NAB 2004," said Andy Liebman, president of EditShare. "We've listened very carefully to that feedback and are continually developing the EditShare system to solve the issues our customers face everyday; and we're here at IBC 2004 to demonstrate our vision for collaborative editing, and share with customers where we're taking EditShare with Version 2.0 and beyond."
The EditShare System
The EditShare system is a collaborative editing and media sharing system that allows all connected content creation workstations to create and access a common pool of media files, while guaranteeing that individual workstations never interfere with, damage, or erase media on other workstations on the network. EditShare is designed for small to medium sized production shops, newsrooms and workgroups running standalone versions of industry-leading content creations solutions, such as Avid Media Composer Adrenaline, Avid Xpress DV and Xpress Pro, Apple Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro, and Pinnacle Liquid Edition and supports up to 10 standalone workstations simultaneously. Developed by editors with an eye for workflow details and nuances that professional editors and artists crave, EditShare effectively creates a new category of affordable, viable, high performance collaborative editing solutions for budget-conscious small- to mid-sized production companies.
Key features and capabilities of the EditShare system include the ability to:
* Share media files among 10 workstations running DV-resolution video and multiple tracks of audio.
* Safely allow multiple editors to collaborate on projects, render complex effects on multiple machines - all without duplicating media.
* Capture video simultaneously from multiple workstations while editing on other workstations.
* Write scripts, review rough cuts, and screen and log footage from one set of workstations while editors work with the same media files on other machines.
* Output directly to tape from the centralized hard drive storage, or directly to air through third party systems that support playout from a networked drive.
* Work at any available editing station on your network. No need to move drives around.
* Store and access a single stream of uncompressed video (1:1 - 8-bit) on your network while one or two other workstations use DV material.
Pricing and Availability
EditShare Version 2.0 will be generally available in October, 2004. Pricing will be formally announced at that time.
EditShare Version 1.5 is available immediately with pricing starting at $13,000 for a basic system that includes the following components:
* 3 Ghz Xeon Server with 2 GB RAM
* 2 Terabyte of Storage 1.75 TB available if you use RAID 5, which is recommended.
* State-of-the-Art Network Switch to get you started with one server and up to seven workstations.
* Uninterruptible Power Supply pre-configured to work with your Server.
* Patent-Pending Software to manage all media access on the system.
EditShare was awarded the "NAB 2004 Making the Cut" award by Bob Turner's The Cut, a VideoSystems Magazine publication.
About EditShare LLC
EditShare LLC is the pioneer of a new category of collaborative editing solutions designed for budget conscious digital media workgroups and production companies. The EditShare system was created to fuel the collaborative, creative process for digital media artists by delivering high quality, high performance, and affordable networked collaborative editing solutions accessible to digital media artists regardless of budget. For more information, please visit www.editshare.com.
Related Keywords:EditShare, EditShare Version 2.0, IBC, collaborative editing, NAB, Andy Liebman, Avid, Adobe, Final Cut Pro, Pinnacle,