|Page (1) of 1 - 03/08/09||email article||print page|
EditShare at NAB 2009(March 08, 2009)
New on the NAB stand will be EditShare Flow version 1.2 demonstrating expanded codec support for the unique EditShare Universal Media File technology. EditShare Storage and XStream Series Version 5.5 will make its debut at NAB with a slew of new data protection and media management features including tighter integration with third-party playout servers. The new multi-purpose archiving and back-up solution EditShare Ark will showcase support for the entire media lifecycle through seamless integration with Flow and EditShare shared storage series.
With EditShare servers and storage products it doesnt matter what editing application you are using, you just log in and begin working. Apple editors can work on long projects that contain Avid media files. Avid editors can freely share with each other and other non-Avid editors. It is that simple, comments Andy Liebman, founder and CEO, EditShare. What makes our products different is that we take the ?editing without barriers openness of our products and include features that allow users to work and manage media for specific workflows whether it be reality TV, feature film, DI, or large-scale newsrooms. It is this approach that has made EditShare technology hugely popular from the start.
EditShare Products at NAB 2009 - New Feature Highlights
EditShare Flow 1.2
- Scans Media Spaces locating media that was not originally ingested through Flow, moves it into the Flow database and generates video proxy thumbnails and tracking metadata.
- Supports up to 8 channels of audio per video ingest.
- Expands codec support to include DVCPro HD and other HD formats enabling more users to take advantage of the EditShare Universal Media File technology.
EditShare Storage Series and XStream Series Version 5.5
- EditShare Project Sharing: New enhancements make managing project bins easier than ever for Apple, Avid and other industry standard editing applications.
- Advanced Rights Management: EditShare Storage and XStream series can now query an Active Directory server for user passwords enabling EditShare to fit seamlessly into an organized password system.
- New Playout integration: Automates migration of files to third-party broadcast servers for playout.
- EditShare XStream: Individual EditShare Servers can scale to 128 drives and beyond.
- EditShare XStream: Showcases DI workflows using a number of industry applications including; Nucoda (Digital Vision) and Bones.
Editshare Ark Version 1.0
- EditShare Ark is due to ship Q2, 2009. Feature highlights of the new Ark product include;
- Backup and archive EditShare Shared Project spaces, SMB and AFP File Exchange
- Backup and archive to disk and Quantum LTO Tape Libraries
- Restore from disk or tape library back to the EditShare Media Spaces
- Comprehensive backup management features for automating backup and syncs.
About EditShare Complete Collaboration Products
EditShare technology enables users to easily and economically share media and work collaboratively. Editors and compositors connected to an EditShare network can seamlessly access in real time a common pool of media files. Regardless of application or platform, source material, work in progress and finished packages are shared and instantly available to all users on the EditShare network. The rules-driven workflow ensures that no data is ever overwritten or accidentally destroyed.
With the unique EditShare Project Sharing, Apple and Avid editors can draw on the same central pool of media and work in the same project simultaneously, freely sharing materials and ideas.
The EditShare Flow Series offers two distinct packages - Flow Ingest and Flow Browse - that integrate seamlessly with the EditShare Storage, XStream and Ark solutions. EditShare Flow Ingest is the only acquisition solution that captures up to four channels of media and related metadata in just about any format and simultaneously outputs to three formats, including multiple Avid and Apple formats **plus a low-resolution proxy format. No transcoding is required; files are immediately available. Features include multi-channel ingest with independent control over each channel, full metadata capture, and edit-while-recording capabilities. Users can automate ingest, control ingest remotely or initiate it manually.
EditShare Flow Browse simplifies and accelerates media searches within the EditShare storage environment. Users can quickly locate media among hundreds of thousands of clips. EditShare Flow Browse supports proxy viewing outside the nonlinear editing application for optimal viewing on the EditShare Media Space, annotation of metadata forms, and the ability to drag-and-drop media into an Avid or Final Cut Pro bin.
EditShare Storage Series includes the EditShare Field mobile storage solution, EditShare Metro for small to mid-sized editing workgroups and EditShare Scalable Rack Units. In addition to the legendary Apple and Avid project sharing capabilities, the storage series offers automated diagnostic tools and the industrys most efficient back office data processing policies and administration.
The EditShare XStream Series is designed to support high-performance post and broadcast environments. EditShare XStream can process media at data rates of 300 MB per second per stream, supporting over 100 streams of DV 50 and multiple 1080p 444 HD projects/streams. EditShare XStream is the ideal solution for post facilities working with Digital Intermediate (DI) 2K projects as well as television stations with large numbers of simultaneous users accessing central storage or employing concurrent workflows.
EditShare Ark provides integrated solutions for backups, mirroring, and archiving. These essential security features let users economically organize and manage media in a variety of scenarios, including LTO-backup and spinning disc solutions that can be upgraded to full EditShare Server Series with little to no downtime. EditShare Ark units optimize storage costs without compromising quality or scalability.
About EditShare LLC
EditShare LLC is the pioneer of a new category of collaborative editing solutions designed for digital media workgroups and production companies. The EditShare system fuels the collaborative creative process for digital media artists by delivering **high-quality, high-performance, and cost-effective networked collaborative editing solutions. For more information, please visit www.editshare.com.
©2009 EditShare LLC. All rights reserved. EditShare is a registered trademark of EditShare LLC. All other trademarks mentioned herein belong to their respective owners.
Zazil Media Group
Tel: +1 (617) 395 8107
Related Keywords:shared storage, ingest, archiving, metadata, unity, LAN