|Page (1) of 1 - 06/19/07||email article||print page|
EditShare Ships 5.0New features include plug-and-play installation, improved media management tools, automated ?Health Reports?, and synchroniza (June 19, 2007)
?From day one we have designed EditShare systems to not only support, but advance file-based workflows for media-centric environments. Version 5.0 is no exception. A customer driven release, we are confident that our users will be very pleased with the vastly simplified media sharing experience and impressed with the immense workflow benefits from features such as the new Health Report and Synchronization Tool, comments Andy Liebman, founder and president, EditShare.
"The changes to EditShare 5 has improved our edit workflow substantially. With a large number of users connected, the system would need to re-scan to make new media available to all suites. Now the media appears seamlessly and there is no interruption to the workflow. Add to this the bulletproof reliability that we've been experiencing with our EditShare systems and it truly is the cost effective yet powerful solution that we've been searching for." Michael Burton, general manager, Cutting Edge.
EditShare Version 5.0 New Feature Highlights
- Simplified Media Management: Multiple levels of file protection. New ?Read Only option. New ?Maintenance Mode for deleting and modifying files
- Tighter Control Using Limited Administration Rights;: Grant specific controls on a per-user and per-Media Space basis. Authorized editors exercise their admin rights through EditShare Connect.
- Improved Shared Avid Projects: Warnings that other user's bins are locked. Move nested folders and bins without having to worry about permissions. Works flawlessly under both OS X and Windows.
- ?Plug and Play Network Configuration: EditShare can now be configured to act just a like a ?switch for easy deployment. Plug in your workstations and connect to media or anything on the office network.
- Powerful Synchronization Tool: Duplicate media files across two or more servers -- whether they're located in the same building or on the other side of the world.
- Daily "Health Report": Administrators receive a daily email detailing server status and performance.
EditShare Workflow - Open Architecture for Affordable, Collaborative Editing
From field to finish offline to uncompressed HD - EditShare products maximize media sharing and storage for multi-user editing environments. EditShare technology leverages the power and affordability of Gigabit Ethernet to offer seamless media sharing in a collaborative environment. Avid, Apple, Adobe, Autodesk, Boris FX, Canopus, Digidesign, Media 100, and Sony editors and compositors connected to an EditShare network have realtime access to a common pool of media files. Unlike standard SAN devices, EditShare technology supports file level sharing - allowing multiple editors to write to the same volume simultaneously. Regardless of application or platform, source material, work in progress and finished packages are shared and instantly available to all users on the EditShare network. The rules-driven workflow ensures that no data is ever overwritten or accidentally destroyed.
About EditShare LLC
EditShare LLC is the pioneer of a new category of collaborative editing solutions designed for digital media workgroups and production companies. The EditShare system fuels the collaborative creative process for digital media artists by delivering high quality high performance and cost effective networked collaborative editing solutions. For more information, please visit www.editshare.com
©2007 EditShare LLC. All rights reserved. EditShare is a registered trademark of EditShare LLC. All other products and trademarks mentioned herein belong to their respective owners.
Janice Dolan, Zazil Media Group, [email protected]
Tel: +1 (617) 817 6595
- End -
Related Keywords:Avid, Apple Final Cut Pro, Adobe Creative Suite, Premiere, Compositing, After Effects,