|Page (1) of 1 - 04/10/12||email article||print page|
EdgeWave Announces New iPrism Web Security Version 7.0 to Address Evolving Security Needs for Enterprise and Education OrganizationsNew Release Includes Enterprise-Class Capabilities for SSL Filtering, Support for VLANs and Virtual Desktops, and YouTube Support for Education (April 10, 2012)
SAN DIEGO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 04/10/12 -- EdgeWave Inc. (OTCBB: EWVE) (OTCQB: EWVE), a leading provider of Secure Content Management (SCM) solutions, today announced the release of iPrism Web Security v7.0. The new release offers features designed to expand Enterprise-level functionality including SSL filtering, VLAN support integration, High Availability deployment, Email Protocol Filtering and Certificate Chain support. This version also boasts features that optimize network performance through Quotas and Warnings that allow administrators more control over bandwidth usage, and new Custom Filter enhancements that offer options for more granular control within URL categorization. iPrism v7.0 also includes support for YouTube for Schools, allowing schools to access valuable learning tools while still blocking unwanted video content. The new features in iPrism Web Security Version 7.0 are available to current customers at no additional charge.
"iPrism continues to provide innovative solutions for the advanced Web threats we face every day, while retaining its ease-of-use and low maintenance requirements," said Ernest Staats of Georgia Cumberland Academy. "The new features and enhancements in iPrism v 7.0, including more granular application controls and custom filter options, have been critical in helping us defend against Web 2.0 threats. We are very pleased with how iPrism allows our students and staff to use the Internet safely and productively."
"EdgeWave is committed to supporting the evolving needs of our enterprise and educational customers," said, Steve Kelley, S.V.P. of Corporate Development and Product Strategy at EdgeWave. "iPrism v7.0 delivers on our promise of protecting organizations from emerging web security threats while providing native support for enterprise-class technologies like VLAN and virtual desktop infrastructure."
iPrism Web Security v7.0 includes the following new features and enhancements:
- SSL Filtering - Detects and classifies server name indication (SNI) header information in the outbound request, at the start of the SSL handshake process. This lets you control where you will allow encrypted content to be sent, avoiding potential hacker incursions via unfiltered SSL.
- Virtual Desktop Support - Native support for virtual desktop environments through unique session-based authentication technology, which simplifies the process for terminal services users and prevents interruptions from authentication requests.
- VLAN Support - Support multiple VLANs through a single iPrism appliance with the administrator designating VLAN addresses when iPrism is configured. This features offers easier iPrism setup and management, with visibility of all traffic on a single iPrism, when deployed in networks using VLAN trunking configurations.
- YouTube for Schools Support - Provide a safe and productive YouTube environment for students and faculty at educational institutions. Customers who have a YouTube for Schools account are able to seamlessly integrate all YouTube requests through their own video portal creating a worry-free YouTube experience for educators.
- Bandwidth Quotas and Warnings - Optimize network performance by adding a policy attribute to web profiles that limits the total bandwidth consumed by a user under the applicable policy. Quotas and Warnings events are now identified through both real-time monitoring and reporting, assisting users in establishing limits on acceptable activity, which can decrease bandwidth usage.
- High Availability iPrism Pairing - Enable high availability through iPrism interconnectivity to enable traffic status visibility across multiple appliances to provide seamless failover from primary to secondary appliance. This configuration assures optimum performance when it is used in high availability or redundant networks with multiple firewalls.
- Email Protocol Filtering - Support filtering of SMTP, POP and IMAP email protocols and their secured versions. This feature enhances the use policies for email coming into organizations by providing the ability to filter major protocols.
- Enhanced Custom Filters - Increase granularity of custom filtering options when changing the category ratings for specific URL's by allowing users to add properties to URL entries in Custom Filters.
- Certificate Chain Support - Upload and install intermediary certificates, which add a layer of security that eliminates the possibility that a root certificate could be compromised. End entity certificates chained to an intermediate certificate represent the highest possible security solution for Certification Authorities and therefore their customers.
iPrism Web Security Version 7.0 is available now. Existing iPrism customers can upgrade at no cost.
EdgeWave develops and markets on demand, on-premises, and hybrid Secure Content Management (SCM) solutions to the mid-enterprise and service provider markets. The EdgeWave portfolio of web, email and data protection technologies delivers comprehensive secure content management with unrivalled ease of deployment and the lowest TCO on the market. The company's award winning products include iPrism Web Security and the ePrism Email Security Suite with fully-hosted solutions for Email Filtering, Email Data Loss Protection, Email Encryption, Email Continuity, and Email Archiving, that can be accessed from a single user interface. Based in San Diego, California, EdgeWave markets its solutions through a network of value added resellers, ISPs and MSPs, distributors, system integrators, OEM partners and directly to end users.
For more information regarding EdgeWave and its Secure Content Management solutions, please visit www.edgewave.com or call 1-800-782-3762.
©2012 EdgeWave, Inc. All rights reserved. The EdgeWave, iPrism, and ePrism Logos are trademarks of EdgeWave, Inc. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are hereby acknowledged.
Sr. Marketing Communications Manager
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Web Security, Web filtering, enterprise Web filter, web filter solutions, internet filters, anti malware, Marketwire, Inc., , Appliances, Internet Service Providers, Internet Technology, Internet, Internet Information Provider, Web 2.0, Email, Other,