|Page (1) of 1 - 03/28/12||email article||print page|
Echo360 Provides Expert Insight and Strategies on Navigating Adoption of Blended Learning TechnologyCompany Sponsors Wainhouse Research White Paper Addressing the Challenges of Large-Scale Lecture Capture Initiatives (March 28, 2012)
DULLES, VA -- (Marketwire) -- 03/28/12 -- Echo360, the global leader in campus-wide blended learning and lecture capture solutions, in conjunction with Wainhouse Research, just released "Blended Learning Technology: Navigating the Challenges of Large-Scale Adoption." The white paper outlines how institutions can ease the transition to campus-wide adoption with practical solutions to the most common cultural, procedural and academic obstacles to growth and usage of the technology.
The paper offers a global perspective, drawing upon the experiences of institutions in North America, Australia and the Middle East -- all with scaled blended learning technology deployments ranging from 30 to more than 100 classrooms:
- George Washington University: GWU created institutional value using blended learning technology in 32 classrooms on two campuses by integrating it into its most high-profile programs
- Monash University: Monash University has successfully scaled lecture capture to more than 100 classrooms on eight campuses by proactively addressing policy issues and responding to student demand
- Qatar University: By focusing on teaching and academic quality using blended learning at the School of Pharmacy, demand for lecture capture technology expanded across the Qatar University campus impacting how the institution delivers education
- University College London: Now in use in more than 50 classrooms, adoption at UCL is driven by the technology's ubiquitous availability and by identifying champions able to demonstrate the benefits to other users
- Wayne State University: Cooperation between key stakeholders and a rigorous planning process that emphasized buy-in from many departments transformed Wayne State's deployment into a 47 classroom, campus-wide service
"After exploring the specific challenges presented by scaling blended learning technology, we identified a number of key success factors that support any institution's efforts," said Alan Greenberg, Senior Analyst and Partner of Wainhouse Research. "The white paper contains ten advisory actions that address cultural, process and academic issues associated with adoption of blended learning technology."
While instructing technologists and administrators on how to best prepare and execute a large-scale effort to boost blended learning services, the white paper also outlines its direct benefits. In addition to the obvious ROI increases, Wainhouse Research reported enhanced harmony between faculty and administration and a greater ability to serve the needs of students.
"Blended learning's main objective has always been to provide a tangible, positive impact on the performance of students," said Fred Singer, CEO of Echo360. "By sharing the results of our market research, we hope to ease the burden of blended learning adoption, making it easier for institutions to extend the benefits of our platform to students everywhere."
For a copy of the brief, visit: http://resources.echo360.com/adoption-pr
As a global leader in blended learning and lecture capture products, Echo360 helps higher education institutions keep pace with modern students' learning needs through products that digitally record and upload learning content. Echo360 has been recognized with a Product Line Strategy of the Year Award from Frost & Sullivan and named a Visionary Vendor in Educational Technology by IT research firm Basex. Echo360's products facilitate better instruction, lower costs and enrich learning experiences by enabling students to easily access and share multimedia content. Through Echo360, students replay recorded sessions and review information from instructors online; at their convenience and across various devices. Echo360's products are used by 500 colleges and universities in 28 countries. For more information, visit www.echo360.com
Wainhouse Research is an independent analyst firm that focuses on critical issues in the unified communications and collaboration market. The company provides 6 different vendor subscriptions covering unified communications, group videoconferencing, personal & web-based collaboration, audio conferencing, streaming & webcasting, and distance education & eLearning solutions, as well as a single all-inclusive subscription for enterprise users. The company acts as a trusted advisor providing strategic advice and direction for both the UC&C industry and its enterprise users. For further details, visit www.wainhouse.com
For Echo360: GdR PRoductions, LLC
Gabriel del Rio
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Echo360, blended learning, Wainhouse Research, lecture capture, Broadcast, Streaming, Internet Media, webcast, Australia, Marketwire, , middle east, Technologists, Other,