|Page (1) of 1 - 05/16/12||email article||print page|
EDMbiz Presents the Insomniac Discovery ProjectCoveted Set Time at Electric Daisy Carnival to Be Awarded to New DJs/Producers (May 16, 2012)
LAS VEGAS, NV -- (Marketwire) -- 05/16/12 -- While the electronic dance music establishment, peripherally-associated businesses and aspiring entrants gather for three inspiring days of conversation and collaboration at EDMbiz, Insomniac continues its commitment to the future of the genre with the launch of the Insomniac Discovery Project.
The competition is part of EDMbiz June 5-7 at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas and will award up to 15 artists the coveted opportunity to perform at the 16th Annual Electric Daisy Carnival at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway, June 8-10.
"The passion and energy from the dance scene rests in the untapped talent looking for an opportunity to contribute to the overall experience," said Pasquale Rotella, CEO and founder of Insomniac. "We are eager to open the door for aspiring DJ/producers, and offer them the chance to perform at Electric Daisy Carnival. The future of the genre rests on forward movement, and we take great pride in driving the progression of EDM by participating in discussions at EDMbiz as well as offering fresh, ambitious DJ/producers a gateway to the Insomniac fans."
Interested participants in the United States and Canada should record a 30 minute DJ mix that represents their personal style and includes at least two original songs. Submissions can be entered by clicking on the Discovery Project tab at www.edmbiz.com and uploading their mix with the tag "EDMbiz presents the Insomniac Discovery Project," including a timestamp and track listing by Friday, May 25.
Judging will focus on the number of plays and favorites each mix receives, positive feedback, track selection, originality, and technical ability. Mixes must gain more than 100 plays to be considered as a finalist, and participants are encouraged to promote themselves through both Mixcloud and personal social media platforms. The final winner will be determined by EDMbiz and Insomniac.
In addition to a set time at Electric Daisy Carnival, the winning artist will receive one artist pass and one guest pass to EDC, a complimentary registration to EDMbiz to network and participate in the pressing debates facing the industry, a $500 cash prize, and consideration for the first artist signing to Insomniac's new management company and music marketing platform.
Furthermore, below is the most updated list of panelists and speakers scheduled for EDMbiz:
- Above & Beyond's Jono Grant and Tony McGuinness
- Richie Hawtin
- Swedish House Mafia's Steve Angello
- Matt Adell, CEO, Beatport
- Jason Bentley, host, KCRW
- Richard Bishop, partner, Red Light Management Electronic Division
- Philip Blaine, business development and art curator, Insomniac
- David Brady, owner and president, Spin Artist Agency
- Michael Cohen, co-president, Complete Control Management
- Ted Cohen, managing partner, TAG Strategic
- Bart Cools, EVP and head of Dance Network, EMI
- Eddie Dean, president, Pacha
- Andrew Dreskin, CEO, Ticketfly
- Donnie Estopinal, CEO, Disco Donnie Presents
- Chuck Flask, talent buyer, Paxahau
- Marc Geiger, head of music, William Morris Endeavor
- Alexis Giles, new business development principal, Google
- Kevin Gimble, owner and agent, Circle Talent
- Daniel Glass, founder and president, Glassnote Entertainment
- Seth Goldstein, co-founder and chairman, Turntable.fm
- Marian Goodell, co-owner and producer, Burning Man
- Steve Goodgold, agent, Windish Agency
- Oscar Goodman, former Mayor of Las Vegas and host committee chairman, LVCVA
- Alexandra Greenberg, vice president, Mitch Schneider Organization
- Neil Jacobson, senior vice president of A&R, Interscope Records
- Craig Kallman, chairman and CEO, Atlantic Records
- Kaskade, artist
- Kevin Kusatsu, owner and senior vice president of A&R, TMWRK/Warner Bros. Records
- Stephanie LaFera, president and COO, Atom Empire
- Vivian Lewitt, content partnership director of music, YouTube
- Oliver Luckett, founder and CEO, theAudience
- Mike McGinley, COO, CitizenNet
- Polo Molina, founder, Rocketpop Management
- Paul Morris, founder and CEO, AM Only
- Patrick Moxey, president, Ultra Records
- Zev Norotsky, publisher, Elektro Magazine
- Amos Newman, head of music for visual media, William Morris Endeavor
- Skip Paige, senior vice president, Goldenvoice/Coachella
- Matt Rodriguez, agent, AM Only
- Ian Rogers, CEO, TopSpin Media
- Raymond Roker, co-founder and publisher, URB Magazine and URB.com
- Pasquale Rotella, CEO and founder, Insomniac
- Michael Satsky, managing partner, Provocateur
- Jake Schneider, agent, Madison House
- Michael Schneider, CEO, Mobile Roadie
- Todd Sims, CEO, Groove Tickets
- Jason Strauss, managing partner, TAO Group
- Lawrence Varva, president, Deckstar
- DA Wallach, artist in residence, Spotify
- Joel Zimmerman, head of global electronic music, William Morris Endeavor
EDMbiz is designed to facilitate relevant conversations focused on the most pertinent topics specific to the scene, including best practices, social media, technology platforms, festivals, direct-to-fan relationships, licensing, branding, sponsorships, and sustaining community, humanity and credibility during a period of massive growth. Attendees will enjoy a comprehensive schedule of creative and inspiring panel discussions, riveting keynote addresses, as well as networking events and evening entertainment. For more information on speakers and registration, please visit www.edmbiz.com.
For more information on programming, sponsorship and business development, please contact email@example.com.
Insomniac produces innovative music festivals and events enhanced by state-of-the-art lighting and sound design, large-scale art installations, interactive circus and theatrical performances, boundary-pushing special effects and pyrotechnics and fan participation. Fan safety and the quality of our fans' experience are the company's top priorities. Insomniac's premier annual event, Electric Daisy Carnival, is one of the largest, most spectacular music festivals in North America. Insomniac has produced more than 250 music events for more than 2,500,000 concertgoers in California, Nevada, Colorado, Texas, Florida, and Puerto Rico. Founded by Pasquale Rotella, Insomniac has been based in Los Angeles since it started in 1993.
Keep up with Insomniac announcements and news on Facebook and Twitter.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Insomniac, Sales & Marketing, Networking, Internet, Business Issues, Social Media, Management, CEO/CFO, Business, Programming, Marketing, Authoring/Programming, Canada, USA, Marketwire, , Music, Business, Entertainment,