|Page (1) of 1 - 03/19/09||email article||print page|
EASTWEST Introduces PLAY 1.2.0 UpdateUpdate Offers Fastest Streaming Performance (March 19, 2009) www.soundsonline.com/updates.php ), PLAY v1.2.0 is available for both Mac and Windows platforms in both standalone and plug-in versions.
"This update to PLAY offers our users a new ASE streaming engine that delivers the fastest streaming performance of any sampler, more than 400 stereo voices (800 voices, streaming!)" says Producer and Founder of EASTWEST Doug Rogers. "Since its release, Play v1.2.0 is already being hailed by our users for its performance and additional features."
Changes and enhancements in PLAY Software Update version 1.2.0 include:
* Improved save times for instrument files on windows.
* New ASE streaming engine.
* New micro tunings for Quantum Leap Silk and Quantum Leap Ra.
* Extended streaming setting dialog with reset engine functionality.
* Resolved mute bug issue.
* Fixed sustain pedal threshold.
* Improved fonts for Stormdrum 2 and Orchestra.
* Implemented poly aftertouch automation.
* Product libraries entries in the browser now can be changed, added or deleted.
* Fixed portamento and first silent note issue.
* Resolved FL Studio GUI issue.
* Fixed voice swapping issue.
* Improved installer.
The streaming engine found in PLAY v1.2.0 will also be offered with PLAY PRO due for release in April.
Since 1988, EASTWEST (soundsonline.com and soundsonline-europe.com) has been dedicated to perpetual innovation and uncompromising quality, setting the industry standard as the #1 producer and distributor of sample CDs and virtual (software) instruments. With over 30 years' experience in the audio industry, founder and producer Doug Rogers has the expertise in music production to understand the creative tools professional musicians need. The recipient of numerous gold and platinum records including Recording Engineer of the Year, and over 50 international awards, Rogers is featured in The Art of Digital Music: 56 Visionary Artists and Insiders by David Battino and Kelli Richards.
QUANTUM LEAP is a wholly owned division of EASTWEST. Quantum Leap Virtual Instruments are mostly produced by multiple award-winning producer and composer Nick Phoenix. Some of the larger productions, such as Symphonic Orchestra, Symphonic Choirs and EastWest/Quantum Leap Pianos are co-produced by Doug Rogers and Nick Phoenix.
Related Keywords:EASTWEST Introduces PLAY 1.2.0 Update