|Page (1) of 1 - 02/08/12||email article||print page|
E-Discovery Experts to "De-Mystify" Early Case Assessment in Upcoming Exterro WebcastAiring February 16th, Educational Webcast to Provide Practical Advice for Effectively Utilizing ECA to Reduce Legal Costs and Risks (February 08, 2012)
PORTLAND, OR -- (Marketwire) -- 02/08/12 -- Exterro®, the leading provider of workflow-driven e-discovery software, extends its educational webcast series in February with a new session titled "De-Mystifying Early Case Assessment (ECA) for Cost-Effective E-Discovery." The webcast airs on Thursday, February 16 at 1 p.m. ET/10 a.m. PT. Registration is available on Exterro's website at www.exterro.com/events-and-webcasts.
Clarifying the Many Interpretations of ECA
Since the amendments to the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure went into effect in 2006, global organizations have been forced to reassess their processes and reduce legal spending. The concept of early case assessment (ECA) has emerged as the answer to the legal industry's struggles; however, the methodologies and definition around what ECA is and how to effectively implement it has become extremely confusing. This webcast will de-mystify the concepts around ECA and equip attendees with practical steps for effectively implementing ECA to reduce e-discovery costs and reduce risks. Topics to be addressed in this webcast include:
- The difference between early case assessment and early data analysis
- The different roles of IT, legal and outside counsel in the ECA process
- Leveraging advancing ECA technology to limit the scope and reduce the costs of e-discovery
E-Discovery Experts Present
This webcast will feature the following e-discovery experts:
- Elleanor Chin is a partner at Davis Wright Tremaine, where she leads the firm's electronic discovery practice group. Chin speaks frequently on e-discovery. She is a member of Georgetown Law Center's Electronic Discovery Academy and former member of the Sedona Conference.
- Bob Rohlf is Exterro's inside counsel and director of e-discovery strategies. Rohlf has authored several articles and white papers on a variety of e-discovery topics and is actively involved in The Sedona Conference and Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM).
- Joe Aakre is Exterro's e-discovery solutions consultant. He serves as the primary interface between the Exterro's product development team, marketing and sales departments. Aakre will be serving as moderator.
Registration for the webcast is available on Exterro's website at: www.exterro.com/events-and-webcasts.
Exterro, Inc. is the pioneer and leading provider of workflow-driven e-discovery software for corporations and law firms. The proven Exterro Fusion® platform delivers a 360° view into the critical data and workflows required for defensibly and cost-effectively managing e-discovery across the EDRM spectrum. The innovative suite of e-discovery applications built on the Fusion platform unifies all phases of e-discovery -- from identification, legal hold and early case assessment (ECA) to collection, processing, analysis, review and production. Fusion's open architecture integrates seamlessly with existing business processes and enterprise infrastructures. To learn more, visit www.exterro.com.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Exterro, Inc., Marketwire, Inc., , Business,