|Page (1) of 1 - 03/29/12||email article||print page|
Drobo Delivers Proven Business Storage Solutions Through Industry-Leading Partnerships and Web-Based ResourcesCustomers Cite Significant Time and Money Savings Using Drobo-Based Virtualization, Cloud and Backup Solutions (March 29, 2012)
SAN JOSE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 03/29/12 -- Drobo, maker of the award-winning data storage products for businesses and professionals, today announced the development and enhancement of lab-tested joint solutions, simple "how-to" guides and online video tutorials created with industry leaders including VMware, Citrix, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Veeam, Symantec, Acronis, Double-Take, Carbonite, Pogoplug and OCZ. These resources, which address SMB storage solution needs that span virtualization, cloud and data protection, have already helped thousands of small and medium businesses worldwide to easily understand and deploy sophisticated storage solutions that save significant amounts of time and money.
In a recent independent survey, more than 2,000 Drobo business customers reported an average savings of over $12,000 and 200 hours per year compared to similar storage solutions from Dell, HP, EMC and others. Over 80 percent of Drobo business users stated that they had considered Dell, HP or EMC prior to choosing Drobo for their business storage needs.
"Our customers want the best solutions possible but don't have the budget, staff or time to be storage-management experts," said Tom Buiocchi, CEO of Drobo. "That's why we've chosen to partner with industry leaders to deliver plug-and play-storage solutions that are sophisticated, yet very simple and cost-effective to deploy."
Today's Drobo solutions can be found at http://www.drobo.com/solutions and include the following:
- VMware vSphere - for high-availability applications
- Citrix XenServer - for high-availability applications
- OCZ - for automated data-aware tiering of mixed workloads in virtualized environments
- VMware Site Recovery Manager - for leveraging vShpere replication between dissimilar storage
- Double-Take Availability from Vision Solutions - for physical and virtual server DR failover
- Offsite File Replication - for unstructured data in smaller organizations leveraging Drobo Sync
- Amazon - for leveraging the AWS Storage Gateway for automatic offsite backup to cloud
- Carbonite - for offsite cloud backup
- Pogoplug - for remote access to files and cloud backup
Data Protection and Backup:
- Veeam Backup and Replication - for protecting VMware and Microsoft virtual environments
- Acronis Backup and Recovery - for heterogeneous backup of physical and virtual servers
- Symantec Backup Exec - for extending storage for SMB backup with deduplication option
Drobo will continue its solution development and training in the coming weeks with dedicated solutions for Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware vCloud and others.
For each solution, Drobo develops materials that allow customers and resellers to design their solution with exactly the right components; the company also provides detailed instructions for sizing and implementing the solution in a validated manner. Each solution includes a 30-minute video tutorial by an expert and a detailed how-to guide providing simple step-by-step instructions, allowing companies of all sizes to quickly deploy technology at the lowest possible capital and operating cost. More information can be found @ http://www.drobo.com/solutions.
Trainer Communications for Drobo
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: data storage, SMB storage, virtualization, RAID, automated storage products, instant expansion, Applications, Storage, Internet, Business Issues, Cloud Computing, Services, Misc, Internet Server Applications, Web Servers, Cloud backup, Business, Storage, Marketwire, , HP, Internet Technology, Business,