|Page (1) of 1 - 11/06/01||email article||print page|
Digital Voodoo Ships Iridium AVBroadcast design card includes two SDI outputs
The Iridium AV includes two 10-bit SDI outputs, one composite output and six channels of AES/EBU digital audio. Digital Voodoo says the card is compatible with all standard-definition applications for the Macintosh. Users can work in 10-bit 4:2:2:4 or dual-link 4:4:4:4 directly in YUV color space.
According to Digital Voodoo's published specs, the Iridium AV's other features include:
- Fully digital SMPTE 259M 10 bit SDI output
- PAL or NTSC composite output
- Real-time uncompressed 10-bit QuickTime playback without any kind of video compression
- Can be selected to operate in either 525 (NTSC) or 625 (PAL) television systems
- Functions as a second Mac monitor when not in use for real-time uncompressed playback
- Six channels of AES/EBU digital audio ( 48 kHz to 96 kHz )
- Built-in safe area generator
- Video genlock.
The Iridium AV is available now for $2,495 and includes Digital Voodoo's Media Transfer software. For more information, visit http://www.digitalvoodoo.net.
Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Related Keywords:Digital Voodoo Ships Iridium AV
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved