|Page (1) of 1 - 06/01/05||email article||print page|
Digital Projection Announces The TITAN 6000SX+ ProjectorDPI's first compact, professional series display projector (June 01, 2005)
Digital Projection International (DPI), an Emmy Award-winning manufacturer of high-performance projection systems, announced the newest and smallest in its lineup of rugged, PROFESSIONAL SERIES displays, the 55 lb. (25 kg.) TITAN 6000sx+.
The twin-lamp TITAN 6000sx+ employs the latest in Texas Instruments' dark metal, 3-chip DLP technology. Compact, robustly built and ultra-quiet for its performance class, the TITAN can be ordered with DP's signature Pro Series rigging and stacking frame, which provides integrated pitch, roll and yaw adjustments. The new projector delivers 6000 lumens and 2000:1 contrast through native SXGA+ resolution of 1400 x 1050 pixels.
"The TITAN 6000sx+ is the natural progression of our flagship Professional Series displays." pronounced Eric Lardner, DPI's North American staging market manager. "When DPI first introduced the revolutionary design and capabilities of our LIGHTNING Pro and HIGHlite Pro projectors, we helped enable stagers and systems integrators with large venue projects to be more creative in how they apply projectors to achieve their display objectives. The TITAN 6000sx+ delivers that same Pro Series flexibility, but in a smaller yet still highly capable chassis. TITAN is the Pro Series product priced and sized for every venue and everyday use."
Other key features of the TITAN 6000sx+ include:
* Seven user-selectable inputs, including HDCP compliant DVI and HD/SD-SDI
* Seven-point color correction for broader color space and accurate color alignment
* Xenon Color Mode - User selectable yellow notch filter and xenon-color mode processing, which enable the projector to closely replicate the spectral performance of a xenon lamp.
* Class leading de-interlacing with SD and HD sources processed using auto 3:2 and 2:2 extraction
* Minimal video delay from input to screen - as low as 1 frame, depending on source
* Sealed optics to protect DMD's and other focal plane components from airborne contaminants
* DMD's which incorporate Texas Instruments' Fast Transition Pixel (FTP) technology, for smooth grey scale and improved contrast
* Twin high intensity discharge lamps, which can be run individually or simultaneously, with typical life of 1500 hours per lamp
* Extensive range of lenses, providing throw ratio's from .73:1 up to 7.3:1, all with vertical and horizontal lens shift capability
DPI will demonstrate the TITAN 6000sx+ at INFOCOMM 2005, June 8-10 in Las Vegas Nevada, booth 959. The new Pro series product will begin shipping in the second half of 2005.
About Digital Projection International
Founded in 1989, Digital Projection International (DPI) has been instrumental in the development and application of Digital Light Processing technology by Texas Instruments for projection systems. DPI introduced the worlds first 3-chip DLP projector in 1997, and has since delivered expert system engineering and world-class customer services, thus maintaining its position as a digital imaging pioneer.
DPIs groundbreaking projection research and development has garnered the admiration of industry professionals around the world. This has included many awards, including two Emmy® Awards for Outstanding Achievement in Engineering Development by the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences. DPI remains the first and only projector manufacturer to win the coveted award.
Today, DPI manufactures and distributes an extensive line of ultra high-performance 3-chip and single-chip DLP projection systems. These projectors are the reference standard for demanding applications such as large-venue, live-event staging, Fortune 5000, Homeland Security, education, medical and scientific research, command and control, digital cinema, commercial entertainment, religious venues and elite home cinema.
For more information visit www.digitalprojection.com.
Related Keywords:Digital Projection, TITAN 6000SX+, Projector, DPI, Texas Instruments, DLP, LIGHTNING Pro, HIGHlite Pro, DMD,