|Page (1) of 1 - 10/01/10||email article||print page|
Digital Networks Releases Openvault 2.0Latest version of the Teravault OS features easier management for replicated services (October 01, 2010)
Providing block based virtualized SAN storage, the Openvault platform is unique in supporting any combination of iSCSI, Fibre Channel and InfiniBand network fabrics. 10 Gigabit Ethernet is fully supported with speeds of over 1 gigabyte per second.
Openvault also supports file based storage protocols including NFS, CIFS and GlusterFS.
Version 2.0 introduces failover support. The failover service makes it dramatically easier to manage Openvault servers where replication takes place. Multiple IP based storage services are supported including iSCSI, NFS, Samba and GlusterFS. Storage services can be live migrated from one storage server to another - even while clients are connected.
Other new features in version 2.0 include:
- 2.6.35 Linux kernel
- Multiple iSCSI targets
- Improved 10 Gigabit Ethernet performance
- Logging feature with e-mail alerts
- Centralised monitoring records support
- Power distribution units support
- RAID monitoring service
Openvault offers SAN management capabilities at a fraction of the costs traditionally associated with such systems.
- Completely free of license fees
- Web based control panel makes SAN management very easy
- Support for VMware, XenServer, Windows and Linux clients
- iSCSI support over 1 Gigabit and 10 Gigabit Ethernet including multiple ports
- Fibre Channel support for 4 and 8 Gigabit
- SRP support over 20 and 40 Gigabit InfiniBand for extreme performance
- Group based security
- Thin provisioning
- Volume replication between servers
- CIFS support
- NFS support
Openvault is available with the Digital Networks Teravault line of storage servers.
DNUK builds storage and virtualization systems. Our platforms focus on technical solutions and are designed to reduce your costs and simplify management. We've been building Linux systems since 1998 and we offer standards-based platforms that integrate with Windows, Linux, Unix and Mac networks.
For further information please contact:
Digital Networks UK Ltd,
Unit 1, Kingston Mills,
Manchester Road, Hyde,
Cheshire, SK14 2BZ
Tel: +44 161 366 6600
Email: kristy.parkes [at] dnuk.com
Related Keywords:DNUK, Openvault, data storage, virtualisation, IT