|Page (1) of 1 - 02/15/05||email article||print page|
Digital Anarchy Releases Color Theory 1.5.3 for WindowsNew version of color wheel tool enables precise color palette generation (February 15, 2005)
Digital Anarchy, a leading provider of cost-effective special effects software for Adobe, Apple and Discreet products, today announced the availability of Color Theory 1.5.3 for Windows. Color Theory is a digital color wheel that intelligently finds harmonious color combinations using traditional Red-Yellow-Blue (RYB) color space, rather than the Red-Green-Blue (RGB) color space used by computers. Available as a stand-alone application or a plug-in for Adobe Photoshop and Adobe After Effects users, Color Theory enables artists to quickly analyze hundreds of color schemes while working with existing logos and artwork.
?Color Theory is an essential tool of any designers workflow, said Jim Tierney of Digital Anarchy. ?Its endless array of color schemes and precise color palettes enhance creative options for a variety of artistic projects.
Color Theory is available in two versions. Color Theory Standard is an inexpensive tool for artists who want a simple but powerful color design aid. Color Theory Pro builds on that by allowing the user to import images, output to video and use it directly within Photoshop, Illustrator or After Effects.
Some of the exciting features in Color Theory include:
* 26 Classic Color Formula Options to get your color palette quickly started, all based on the Red-Yellow-Blue model used by traditional artists.
* Red-Yellow-Blue Color Space allows for accurate color selection as opposed to traditional color theories which dont work with the standard RGB color wheel found on computers.
* Load in Existing Artwork such as logos, paintings or any other graphic that requires exact color matching. (Pro version only)
* Randomize Edit Button to generate color schemes based on the color formula and base color selected by the user.
* Import Graphics makes it easier to generate color schemes that work with a specific logo or image. (Pro version only)
* Edit and Select Rows act as a storage area for color combinations that are being considered.
* Work Directly in Host Software by launching Color Theory as a plug-in within well known applications. This makes it easily accessible and convenient to use. (Pro version only)
* Dual Monitor/Output Support enables QuickTime video support for NTSC/PAL previews on a second monitor. (Pro version only)
Theory of Color
Color Theorys formulas are based on the studies of Bauhaus professor Johannes Itten, and utilize the classical artists RYB color model. Color Theory includes all 20 of Professor Itten's traditional color formulas, as well as primary, secondary, tertiary, pastel, neutral and clash schemes.
Color Theory allows artists to work in a RYB model on an RGB computer monitor. This is important because Ittens color theories, which are taught in every Color Design class, dont work when used with an RGB color model. When an artist imports a logo or graphic and samples a color from it, the artist can be assured that any color scheme generated will match up perfectly to the color theories.
Pricing and Availability
Regularly priced at USD $99, Color Theory Pro is available now for USD $79 until March 31, 2005. Regularly priced at USD $49, Color Theory Standard is available now for USD $39 until March 31, 2005. Both versions are available for Windows 98MEXP, Mac OS 10.110.3, and Mac OS 9.2.2. Demos and tutorials are available at www.digitalanarchy.com.
Color Theory plug-ins (Pro version only) are compatible with the following applications: Photoshop 5.5 and higher, Photoshop Elements 2.0 and higher, Jasc PaintShop Pro, Adobe Illustrator 8.0 and higher, Apple Final Cut Pro 3.0 and higher, Pinnacle Systems' Commotion, Discreet Combustion, and Avid Media Composer (when used with Profound Effects' Elastic Gasket).
About Digital Anarchy
Digital Anarchy® is a privately owned company operating out of San Francisco, Calif., that creates high quality creative software for broadcast designers, 2D animators and professional photographers. These tools solve a wide range of design issues, from creating text effects and background design elements, to masking out bluescreens for commercial still photography. Digital Anarchy products work in conjunction with a wide range of products from companies like Adobe®, Discreet, and Apple®.
For more information about Digital Anarchy and their products, please see the companys website at www.digitalanarchy.com or call (415) 462-5872.
Related Keywords:Digital Anarchy, Color Theory 1.5.3, digital color wheel, color wheel, Adobe, Photoshop, After Effects, Jim Tierney, Color Theory Standard, Color Theory Pro, Illustrator, Johannes Itten, Bauhaus,