|Page (1) of 1 - 05/05/09||email article||print page|
Digieffects Launches Robust Warping Tool for After EffectsFreeForm AE Brings High-End Functionality to After Effects (May 05, 2009)
Features and Benefits
* 3D Functionality: The same power and control of 3D applications right inside After Effects.
* Control: All controls for manipulation are right inside the After Effects comp window.
* Speed: Powered by a proprietary, full 3D rendering engine to provide beautiful, high-quality renders fast.
* Never leave After Effects: Makes it easy to create 3D effects which previously required a dedicated 3D program or high-end workstation.
* Depth, Dimensions, and Displacement: True 3D displacement mapping.
* Picks up where After Effects ends: Bend, twist, distort, shape layers right in the After Effects comp window.
* Presets: Ships with dozens of presets to save time.
According to Robert Sharp, president of Digieffects, FreeForm AE was originally developed by
Chris Bobotis of Mettle in Montreal, Canada. Chris was frustrated that 3D mesh warping was only available in expensive, high-end systems like Autodesk Flame. He felt it was time somebody made this available in After Effects.
According to Mark Christiansen, author of After Effects CS4 Visual Effects & Compositing Studio Techniques, "FreeForm AE offers After Effects a huge feature that used to push artists to other systems; no longer must a job go to Flame for what Autodesk calls ?extended bicubics. The result is fully integrated with After Effects own 3D camera and lighting system. How cool is that, integrating curved 3D planes into After Effects?"
Pricing and Availability
FreeForm AE, affordably priced at $299, is available directly from Digieffects as well as its distributor and reseller partners. FreeForm AE is compatible with Adobe After Effects CS3 and CS4 and runs on Mac PPC, Mac Intel, and Windows XP and Windows Vista operating systems.
Digieffects is a developer of popular software visual effects plug-ins for Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere Pro, Apple Final Cut Pro and Autodesk Combustion. The company has been in the business since the beginning of the plugin revolution which dates back to 1996. Over the years, Digieffects has had great success with software products like Cinelook and Delirium and is proud to call thousands of film and video producers all around the world its customers and friends.
Related Keywords:Digieffects, After Effects plugin, FreeForm AE, Robert Sharp, Warping,
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved