|Page (1) of 1 - 08/18/04||email article||print page|
Digidesign to Participate in the Surround Conference6th Annual Conference & Showcase on August 31 and September 1, 2004 in L.A. (August 18, 2004)
Digidesign is pleased to participate in the Surround 2004 International Conference & Showcase on August 31 and September 1, 2004, at the Renaissance Hollywood Hotel in Los Angeles.
Experienced specialists from both the technology and artist communities will be present in the hotels Elysian Park room, providing attendees with an opportunity to learn the ins and outs of Digidesigns dedication to surround sound. Renowned experts will illustrate how Pro Tools the industry standard for surround recording, editing, processing, and mixing offers an expandable set of tools along with total recall to achieve the best results with both music and film projects. Special guest presenters will include:
* Greg Penny (Elton John, KD Lang, Rickie Lee Jones)?Discussing his work with Elton John in 5.1 surround and Pro Tools|HD at 96 kHz.
* Gregg Field (Frank Sinatra, Barbara Streisand, Ray Charles)?Playing and commenting upon his 5.1 mixes using Pro Tools|HD.
* Dave Hampton and Khaliq Glover a.k.a. ?Khaliq-o-Vision (Herbie Hancock, Prince, Marcus Miller)?Discussing their 5.1 surround work with Herbie Hancock using Pro Tools|HD.
* Nathaniel Kunkel (James Taylor, Jackson Browne, Sting)?Relating his experience with Pro Tools|HD and playing cuts from two recent projects.
* Bruce Botnick (The Doors, David Newman, Jerry Goldsmith)?Showcasing his remix of The Doors catalog in surround.
Experts will showcase real-world surround projects with fully scalable Digidesign products from Mbox with Avid Mojo to the unparalleled Digidesign ICON integrated console environment. Daily music- and post-centric panels, discussions, and demonstrations will put you in touch with the people, techniques, and solutions that are defining and advancing the cutting edge.
Digidesign, a division of Avid Technology, Inc., is the worlds leading manufacturer of digital audio production systems, and the winner of the 2001 Technical Grammy Award and 2003 Academy Award of Merit (Oscar statuette) for the design, development and implementation of the Pro Tools digital audio workstation. The company is the exclusive distributor of the Focusrite hardware and software product lines in North and Latin America. Digidesign provides the professional music, film, video, multimedia, and radio broadcast industries with tools for digital recording, MIDI sequencing, editing, signal processing, and surround mixing. Digidesign products are marketed in over forty countries worldwide through a distribution network of value-added dealers, distributors, and OEM relationships. For more information, visit www.digidesign.com.
Related Keywords:Digidesign, Surround 2004 International Conference & Showcase, surround sound, Pro Tools, Pro Tools|HD, Mbox, Avid, Mojo, ICON,