|Page (1) of 1 - 10/03/05||email article||print page|
Digidesign Announces New Drawmer TourBuss Plug-inOffers four dynamics plug-ins exclusive to VENUE systems (October 03, 2005)
Digidesign is pleased to introduce the Drawmer TourBuss plug-in suite. Designed with the live sound engineer in mind, Drawmer TourBuss offers four dynamics plug-ins, exclusive to Digidesign VENUE systems, that retain the layout and emulate the sound of Drawmers renowned DS201 Noise Gate and DL241 Auto-Compressor hardware units.
Drawmer TourBuss includes:
* Noise Gate Modeled after the industry-standard Drawmer DS201 (the worlds first ?frequency-conscious noise gate), the TourBuss Noise Gate performs and sounds like the original hardware unit.
* Compressor/Limiter Combining aspects of both ratio-style and soft-knee compressors, the TourBuss Compressor/Limiter is equally adept at creative work and unobtrusive level control.
* Expander The TourBuss Expander features advanced capabilities ? such as soft ratio settings ? that are designed to overcome problems encountered by typical expanders when trying to distinguish between low-level sounds and background noise.
* Bracketing Filter With low and high 12 dB-per-octave filters, the TourBuss Bracketing Filter provides an easy way to remove unwanted frequencies that bleed into the source, without having to use a more complicated, resource-hungry equalizer.
* Easy Integration The Drawmer TourBuss suite integrates easily into the VENUE environment, providing control of all of the plug-ins directly from the D-Show consoles surface. The Compressor/Limiter and Gate, for example, can be controlled from the central D-Show Assignable Channel Section. Because the TourBuss plug-ins share the same standard controls as the built-in D-Show dynamics (including threshold, attack, etc.), moving back and forth between the built-in effects and the Tourbuss plug-ins is straightforward.
With its familiar sound and analog-style response, and its easy VENUE integration, the Drawmer TourBuss suite is an essential addition to a VENUE system.
The Drawmer TourBuss suite is available only through the DigiStore (http://store.digidesign.com).
For more information, visit Digidesigns website at www.digidesign.com.
Digidesign, a division of Avid Technology, Inc., is the worlds leading manufacturer of digital audio production systems and the winner of the 2001 Technical Grammy® Award and 2003 Academy Award® of Merit (Oscar® statuette) for the design, development, and implementation of the Pro Tools digital audio workstation. Digidesign provides the professional music, film, video, multimedia, and radio broadcast industries with tools for digital recording, MIDI sequencing, editing, signal processing, and surround mixing. Digidesign products are marketed in more than 40 countries worldwide through a distribution network of value-added dealers, distributors, and OEM relationships. M-Audio, a leading provider of digital audio and MIDI solutions for electronic musicians and audio professionals, is a business unit of Digidesign.
For more information, visit www.digidesign.com.
Related Keywords:Digidesign, Drawmer TourBuss, VENUE, sound engineer, DS201 Noise Gate, DL241 Auto-Compressor, Noise Gate, Compressor/Limiter, Expander, Bracketing Filter, D-Show, Avid,