|Page (1) of 1 - 07/18/02||email article||print page|
Digidesign Announces Digi 002FireWire mini-studio includes 32-track version of Pro Tools LE
Digi 002 includes support for analog, digital and MIDI with a wide variety of I/O configurations and dedicated monitor and headphone outputs. It uses a single FireWire interface to the host computer.
Digidesign says Digi 002 borrows "the same technology found in Digidesign's Control|24." It offers an array of touch-sensitive faders, rotary encoders and LCD scribble strips, and the whole packages uses a single box design. Features include:
- FireWire Connectivity
- Integrated control surface
- 96 kHz compatibility
- Eight analog inputs, including four mic preamps with HPF, 48V and variable gain.
- Eight analog outputs plus separate monitor, headphone, and -10 dBV RCA outputs.
- Eight touch-sensitive faders
- Eight motion-sensitive encoders
- 10 four-character scribble strips for individual track parameters
- MIDI I/O (one in port, 2 out ports; 16 channels in, 32 channels out)
- Eight channels of ADAT optical I/O
- Two channels of S/PDIF I/O
- >108 dB Dynamic Range; >98 dB (0.002%) THD+N
Digi 002 ships with Pro Tools LE 5.3.2 software and bundled plugins. It will sell for $2,495 (base) when it ships in the third quarter. For more information, visit http://www.digidesign.com.
Contact the author: Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at [email protected].
Related Keywords:Digidesign Announces Digi 002 FireWire mini-studio includes 32-track version of Pro Tools LE
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved