|Page (1) of 1 - 03/04/03||email article||print page|
DiamondSoft Releases Font Reserve Server 1.6New version adds OS X 10.2 client software
Font Reserve Server 1.6 adds client software for Mac OS X 10.2 and continues to support Mac OS 9, including Classic environments. It also adds systemwide automatic font activation and allows administrators to activate fonts on client systems. Other new features include:
- Ability to activate fonts simultaneously for both Mac OS X and Classic applications;
- Ability to activate fonts automatically in most Mac OS X applications, including updated Font Sense plugins for Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator and QuarkXPress;
- Feature to specify the fonts allowed in users' System Fonts folders;
- Permission settings to specify how system fonts are handled;
- Support for OpenType, Windows TrueType and Apple dfont formats;
- Support for AppleScript.
Font Reserve Server runs on Mac OS X and Windows. The client software supports Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X. A Windows version of the client is under development. The update to version 1.6 is free for current users. SIngle-user licenses of Font Reserve are also available. They run $89.95 per license, with volume discounts also available. For more information, visit http://www.fontreserve.com.
Contact the author: Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at email@example.com.
Related Keywords:DiamondSoft Releases Font Reserve Server 1.6