|Page (1) of 1 - 02/22/18||email article||print page|
Deutsche Telekom Offers AirTies' In-Home Mesh Wi-Fi to Subscribers Across Germany
ISTANBUL, Feb. 22, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- AirTies Wireless Networks, the most widely deployed provider of managed Wi-Fi Mesh solutions to global service providers, and Deutsche Telekom announced the availability of AirTies' ultra-performance in-home Wi-Fi solution for Deutsche Telekom residential subscribers in Germany. AirTies' Managed Mesh Solution is designed to improve customers' in-home Wi-Fi coverage and speeds, and intelligently route data connections to optimize performance of connected devices around the home.
Deutsche Telekom is one of the world's leading integrated telecommunications companies, with 28.5 million fixed-network lines, 18.5 million broadband lines, and 165 million mobile customers. AirTies is internationally recognized for providing ultra-performance in-home Wi-Fi solutions to leading service providers such as Orange, Singtel, Sky, Swisscom, and many others.
"Deutsche Telekom continues to be a global leader at the forefront of innovation," said Philippe Alcaras, CEO of AirTies. "We share a common vision that it's no longer sufficient to provide fast Internet speeds to today's super-connected homes, but also to ensure consistent performance throughout the entire home, on every device. We look forward to helping them deliver on that commitment with our Managed Wi-Fi Mesh solution."
Unlike traditional Wi-Fi, which relies on a single Access Point (AP) from a router/gateway, Deutsche Telekom customers can now purchase the AirTies 4920 Starter Kit which includes two 4920 Mesh Wi-Fi extenders, with the ability to expand modularly up to six extenders per Mesh network. These compact and elegant Wi-Fi extenders can be placed around the home to create an intelligent Mesh network that ensures consistent, high quality whole-home Internet coverage. Key features and specs include:
- High performance Mesh capable WLAN solution for optimal performance of today's digital homes;
- Fast and easy configuration "Plug & Play" of the WLAN, including secure encryption of the data (WPA /WPA2 standard) via AirTies' Wi-Fi app (download via Apple Store or Google Play Store);
- Self-optimizing Mesh protocol for secure and redundant connections;
- Automatic band and channel selection for best performance (2.4GHz and 5GHz), based on real-time network conditions within the home;
- Also usable as Wi-Fi bridge / cable replacement solution, e.g. between router and media receiver;
- 2 x Gigabit Ethernet LAN;
- Data rate up to 1.3 GBs WLAN network; 3 x 3 5 GHz band 802.11 ac and 2 x 2 802.11 n 2.4 GHz antennas;
- Supports video / TV in HD / UHD quality;
- Dimensions: 44 x 135 x 135 mm; and
- Weight: 150 g.
With AirTies, operators can seize new opportunities to improve customer satisfaction, drive incremental revenue, and differentiate with new classes of premium Wi-Fi services. More information about AirTies is available at www.AirTies.com.
Founded in 2004, AirTies is the most widely deployed provider of Wi-Fi Mesh solutions to operators around the globe. AirTies provides service providers with Mesh extenders, set-top boxes, software, apps, and cloud-based performance monitoring capabilities that enable ISPs to provide a managed Wi-Fi Mesh solution for their subscribers. AirTies has an installed base of over 15 million devices worldwide. AirTies' customers include: AT&T, Atlantic Broadband, Deutsche Telekom, Frontier, Orange, Midco, Singtel, Sky (SKY Q in the UK; Germany; Italy; and New Zealand), Swisscom, Vodafone, Waoo, and many other operators. More information is available at www.AirTies.com.
About Deutsche Telekom
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved
Related Keywords:Internet/Web,Internet,Broadband,Video,Germany,Television,Internet Technology,Internet,Internet Information Provider,Other,