|Page (1) of 1 - 05/04/05||email article||print page|
Detroit Has Something to Sing About Thanks to CODACODA and Ron Rose Productions complete an original tribute song to the city (May 04, 2005)
John Nixon, executive producer at Coda
The song showcases Detroit’s rich musical history with its lyrics shining a spotlight on the city’s many new and exciting events happening in and around metro Detroit. Already heralded a success by critics and social commentators alike, the anthem has enjoyed heavy rotation on local radio stations and has been used liberally at local trade shows, meetings and conferences in an effort to attract businesses and tourists to come to Detroit.
“The Biggest challenge was coming up with something that sounded positive without trying to be all things to all people,” said Nixon, executive producer at CODA. “I didn’t originally write the song to be a radio hit but rather more as a jingle or promotional song to be left behind at meetings. Today the song is being made into a music video and :30 and :60 second radio spots. I’m thrilled that it has touched a chord with a wide ranging audience. That was the goal.”
The DMCVB also hopes to use the uplifting tune to boost enthusiasm for several big events coming to town, namely the Major League All-star game this summer and Super Bowl XL in February 2006.
“We were proud of landing this job, especially because of our long affiliation with Detroit having been here nearly 30 years,” said Ron Rose, president of Ron Rose Productions. “John (Nixon) nailed the “Detroit Sound” that the client was looking for right on the head – a difficult feat considering all of the different influences this city has given rise to in the world of music.”
CODA is a complete creative custom music and sound design group, whose stable of writers has worked in this market for more than a decade. Executive Producer and primary composer John Nixon, a graduate of The Berklee College, is in charge of all operations at Coda. He also employs many of the top freelance composers in the country on a per-project basis to supply clients with the right talent at the right time.
Accolades & Clients
* Won a Gold Caddy (local Detroit advertising award) for the "You've Got To Start Somewhere" TV campaign for Dodge Neon (BBDO Advertising)
* Won a Silver Caddy for a recent US Cellular TV campaign. (Doner Advertising)
* Completed new arrangement for the famous Chiquita Banana theme for Chiquita International.
* TV commercials for HGTV programming. Shows include: "Mission Organization" and "Design Finals". (Doner Advertising)
* National ad campaign for Autotrader.com (Doner Advertising)
* AC Delco Radio and TV spots (Campbell Ewald)
* Past clients include: Coca-Cola, Chevrolet, Chrysler-Jeep, La-Z-Boy Furniture Galleries, Ski-Doo, Benjamin Moore Paints, Ford Trucks, Blockbuster and Cadillac
For more information visit www.ronrose.com.
Related Keywords:CODA, Ron Rose Productions, BERLINE, John Nixon, DMCVB, sound design,