|Page (1) of 1 - 04/17/12||email article||print page|
Desigual Extends Use of Oracle(R) ATG Web Commerce to Underpin International Online ExpansionSpanish Fashion Retailer Expands Oracle Deployment to Support Rapid Growth Strategy (April 17, 2012)
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 04/17/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Desigual, the international fashion retailer, is extending its deployment of Oracle® ATG Web Commerce to support further expansion of its commerce capabilities internationally and to help deliver personalized shopping experiences to more customers globally.
- Desigual first selected Oracle ATG Web Commerce in 2006 to launch its B2B platform and automate sales for its wholesale business. Then, in October 2010, Desigual launched its B2C platform using Oracle ATG Web Commerce, and now provides online operations in nine countries and eleven languages.
- To support further expansion of its commerce and merchandising operations into other geographies, the Desigual chose to add to its existing architecture with Oracle ATG Web Commerce Merchandising and Oracle ATG Web Commerce Service Center.
- In addition, Desigual will implement Oracle Endeca Guided Search to enable customers to engage more effectively with its commerce environment and quickly find relevant and desired items.
- Desigual will use the Oracle applications to enable business users to gain control over how the company delivers a more personalized and connected customer experience across channels, promoting more targeted offers, prioritizing search results and seamlessly integrating web and contact center operations to increase satisfaction and improve conversion rates.
- Since its launch in 2002, the Spanish retailer has grown rapidly and now provides its unique and engaging fashion through its 200 owned stores, 7,000 authorized retailers and 1,700 concession stores in 55 countries.
- "Oracle's Web Commerce solutions help retailers to deliver on their brand promise and drive growth through personalized cross-channel experiences," said Mike Webster, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Oracle Retail. "Desigual is a fantastic example of dynamic retailer that recognises the value of maximising the relevance of each customer interaction in meeting strategic growth objectives."
- About Desigual
- Oracle Retail on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- Oracle Retail International Blog
- Oracle Insight-Driven Retailing Blog
- Oracle Retail in the News
- Oracle Retail Asset and Centralized Knowledge Portal
- Oracle in Retail
About Oracle Retail
Oracle provides retailers with a complete, open and integrated suite of business applications, server and storage solutions that are engineered to work together to optimize every aspect of their business. 20 of the top 20 retailers worldwide -- including fashion, hardlines, grocery and specialty retailers -- use Oracle solutions to drive performance, deliver critical insights and fuel growth across traditional, mobile and commerce channels. For more information, visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com/goto/retail
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to retail, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Oracle Retail, ATG Web Commerce, Desigual, customer, Endeca, Sales, Applications, Sales & Marketing, Storage, Internet, Hardware, Software, Misc, Architecture, Search, Internet Server Applications, Search Servers, Web Servers, Sales, Sales, Marketwire, , Lifestyle, Internet Technology, Business, Other,