|Page (1) of 1 - 08/10/04||email article||print page|
Dell Projector Delivers Bright Images At Compelling PriceCustomers increasingly choosing Dell for presentation devices (August 10, 2004)
Dell today introduced a new projector for business, education and consumer customers that is as bright on the wall as it is light on the wallet.
The versatile, affordable Dell 2300MP Projectors ideal balance of high brightness and low price makes it a great solution for displaying meeting and classroom presentations, as well as for home entertainment. It joins Dell's comprehensive projector line that also includes the 2200MP, the 3300MP and the 4100MP.
?In the two years since launching Dell projectors, we have consistently provided customers with high-quality, high-value presentation tools at ground-breaking prices, said Gerry Smith, vice president and general manager of Dell Displays. This focus has enabled the company to reach 8.9 percent of the Americas projector market and rank third in units shipped.(1)
?The 2300MP broadens our offerings and allows us to reach a range of customers who want a projector with great lumens per dollar, Smith said.
The 2300MP features a brightness of 2,300 ANSI lumens (max)(2), as well as a contrast ratio of 2,100:1 for the price of $1,499. Manual zoom and keystone correction functions enlarge and straighten images, giving users the flexibility to place the projector almost anywhere in the room and still clearly see their content.
Other features include an Eco-Mode setting, which helps reduce noise output and increase lamp life up to 2,500 hours, and multiple connectivity options for PC and video inputs.
The 2300MP uses Digital Light Processing (DLP) DDR technology to produce crisp images from a device that weighs only 4.7 pounds. It projects native XGA resolution (1024 x 768), and will automatically adjust to accommodate the resolution of the source device.
The projector ships with cables (D-Sub to D-Sub VGA, S-Video, component video, composite video, USB, RCA audio and mini pin to mini pin), a remote control and a fitted, drop-tested carrying case.
The 2300MP will initially be available in the Americas, with other regions to follow in the coming months. More information and specifications on the product can be found at www.dell.com/projectors and hi-resolution images can be found at www.dell.com/photos.
Additional technical features of the 2300MP include:
* 200-watt, user-replaceable P-VIP lamp; 2,000 hours (up to 2,500 hours in Eco-Mode)
* 16.7M displayable colors
* Integrated 1.2X manual zoom
* Manual vertical keystone correction
* 3.939.3 ft (1.2m12m) projection distance
* 24.6295.3 inches adjustable screen size (diagonal)
* NTSC, NTSC 4.43, PAL (B/D/G/H/I/M/N), SECAM (B/D/G/K/K1/L) and HDTV (480i/P, 576i/P, 720P, 1080i) compatible
* Motion adaptive hardware de-interlacing with 3:2 and 2:2 pull down
* Universal 100240V AC 50/60 Hz power supply
* 9.8 x 8. 0 x 3.1 inches (249 x 203 x 79 ±1 mm)
* One-Year limited warranty(3) and Advanced Exchange service(4)
* Monitor loop-through for viewing on additional PC monitors
Dell Inc. (NASDAQ: DELL) is a premier provider of products and services required for customers worldwide to build their information-technology and Internet infrastructures. Company revenue for the past four quarters totaled $43.5 billion. Dell, through its direct business model, designs, manufactures and customizes products and services to customer requirements, and offers an extensive selection of software and peripherals. Information on Dell and its products can be obtained at www.dell.com.
Pricing, specifications, availability, and terms of offers may change without notice. Taxes, fees and shipping charges are extra, and vary. Dell cannot be responsible for pricing or other errors, and reserves the right to cancel orders arising from such errors.
(1) Decision Tree Consulting, Quarterly Projector Market Share, Calendar Year 2004 Quarter 1 - Jan-March.
(2) Based on ANSI/NAPM IT7 .228-1997 tests of 58 units, June 2004, with average ANSI Lumens 2113. Bulb brightness degrades with usage. Dell recommends replacing your bulb after 2000 hours of usage (up to 2500 hours in Eco-mode).
(3) For a copy of our guarantees or limited warranties, please write Dell USA L.P., Attn: Warranties, One Dell Way, Round Rock, TX 78682. For more information, visit http://www.dell.com/us/en/gen/misc/policy_010_policy.htm.
(4) Replacement system or replacement part will be dispatched, if necessary, following phone-based troubleshooting, in advance of receipt of returned defective part or system. Replacements may be refurbished. Defective unit must be returned. Bulbs have a 90 day limited warranty. Availability varies. Other conditions apply.
Related Keywords:Dell, Projector, Dell 2300MP, Gerry Smith, DLP,