|Page (1) of 1 - 09/01/11||email article||print page|
Decadent Tours and Activities for Chocolate Lovers Available on Viator(September 01, 2011)
San Francisco, Calif. (PRWEB) September 01, 2011
Chocoholics rejoice! According to a large-scale review of research by scientists at the University of Cambridge (published on Monday in the British Medical Journal), regularly indulging in chocolate could reduce the risk of heart disease and strokes. But if youre worried about the expanding waistline that could accompany such a diet, satisfy your cravings instead by visiting cities renowned for their love affair with chocolate.
Viator, the leading resource for more than 9,000 tours and activities in 800-plus destinations in more than 150 countries, offers chocolate lovers a variety of activities around the world where they can learn about the history of chocolate, watch its preparation and sample the end product. So depending on how far youre willing to travel for your buzz, let your sweet tooth take the lead and go cuckoo for cocoa on these chocolate-themed tours:
- Paris Chocolate Walking Tour Viators walking tours are the perfect way to burn off any calories consumed from sampling chocolate, so theres no need to feel guilty about that extra piece (or two)! In Paris, follow the trail of top chocolate shops in the Right Bank, where youll learn about the history of French chocolate and visit five chocolate boutiques ready to let you sample their treats. Prices start at $87.04.
- Florence Chocolate and Wine Tasting In Tuscany, chocolate making has risen to an art form, with the area along the Arno River known as the Chocolate Valley. Spend an afternoon in Tuscanys capital Florence visiting a traditional chocolate maker, where the ultimate indulgence includes hand-made treats paired with Italian wines. Prices start at $71.09.
- Brussels Chocolate Walking Tour and Workshop Chocolate looms large in Brussels, where travelers and fanatical chocoholics will enjoy a four-hour tour of the citys top shops, including free tastings at the most exclusive boutiques and a 45-minute hands-on workshop with a Master Chocolatier. Prices start at $101.55.
- Switzerland Mountains, Cheese and Chocolates Tour from Zurich Switzerland boasts the highest per capita rate of chocolate consumption in the world, where travelers can enjoy an entire day sampling chocolates and visiting the outlet of the famous chocolate-maker, Lindt and Sprungli. Prices start at $145.11.
- Gruyeres and the Famous Golden Express To experience another famous Swiss chocolate factory, ride the Golden Express train from Geneva to Gruyere, with a stop at the Nestle and Cailler Chocolate Factory in Broc to discover the secrets of chocolate manufacturing and taste the main products. Prices start at $254.28.
- New York City Chocolate and Dessert Tour Tour Manhattans Upper West Side on a visit to famous New York eateries to sample chocolate bonbons, truffles and fresh pastries and learn about the best wine and beer pairings. Prices start at $56.49.
- Boston Chocolate Walking Tour Eat your way through the best chocolates in Boston while learning about the tasty sweets history and roots at the citys finest chocolatiers. Prices start at $39.99.
- Chocolate Indulgence Walking Tour of Seattle Give in to Seattles sweet side with a visit to some of the citys top confectioners and chocolate makers, where youll sample hand-made chocolates and indulgent cakes. Prices start at $53.66.
- Cadbury Chocolate Factory Tour and Derwent River Cruise A chocoholics fantasy, visit the Cadbury Schweppes Chocolate Factory in Hobart, the capital of the Australian island state Tasmania, where travelers can sample chocolates before relaxing on a 70-minute cruise along the Derwent River. Prices start at $82.81.
Viators chocolate-themed tours and activities can be accessed through Viator.com, the Viator Tours and Activities App for iPhone and Viators mobile site. Visit the Viator Travel Blog for more inspiration or follow the company on Facebook and Twitter for the latest deals, promotions, contests and Viator news.
Viator® is the worlds leading online resource for travel experiences, providing access to more than 9,000 tours, attractions and activities in 800-plus destinations in more than 150 countries. Viator the Latin word for traveler offers a one-stop shop to plan, research and book trip activities via its Web and mobile platforms with resources such as nearly 300,000 traveler reviews, ratings and photos, suggested itineraries and the Viator Travel Blog. Viators in-house travel experts hand-pick trusted local operators to ensure quality, value and service, all backed by a low-price guarantee. Viator sells its products through Viator.com, the Viator Tours and Activities App for iPhone, the Viator Ultimate Experience Guide for iPad, eight local language sites for the European and Japanese markets and more than 2,000 affiliated sites that include major hotel chains and airlines, online travel agencies, city-specific sites and more. Viator is a privately held company, with lead investment from The Carlyle Group, one of the worlds largest private equity firms. Founded in 1995, Viator is headquartered in San Francisco with regional offices in Sydney, London and Las Vegas. Visit the Viator Travel Blog for more inspiration or follow the company on Facebook and Twitter for the latest deals, promotions, contests and Viator news.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2011/9/prweb8763589.htm.
Related Keywords:internet, consumer goods, consumer issue, consumer confidence, consumer issue, fishing industry, cinema industry, radio industry, television industry, music industry, process industry, tourism and leisure, lifestyle and leisure, , health and beauty product, health, health treatment, health organisations, government health care, private health care, , health and safety at work, lifestyle and leisure, lifestyle (house and home), health insurance, tourism and leisure, lifestyle and leisure, tourism,