|Page (1) of 1 - 06/14/12||email article||print page|
Debriefing Software Launches WSP Lite, a Free Version of Wizards Storage Portal for IBM Tivoli Storage Manager(June 14, 2012)
Debriefing Softwares WSP Lite provides easy-to-use graphic monitoring analysis of TSM installations and is the only existing free TSM monitoring and analysis application. Register now at www.debriefingsoftware.com/wsplite
Debriefing Software, experts in cloud-based Software as a Service (SaaS) for IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM), Storwize and SVC solutions, today launched WSP Lite, a free basic version of the Wizards Storage Portal that can be used for an unlimited time period by one user on up to two servers. Like the full enterprise version of Wizards Storage Portal, WSP Lite provides several features that reduce and optimise storage and backup costs for mid-sized and large IT infrastructures. It can be used in conjunction with WSP Mobile, a free app that allows you to monitor your chosen servers from your iPhone or iPad.
Jesper Matthiesen, CTO of Red Herring Europe 2012 award winner Debriefing Software, said, ?We have designed WSP Lite to allow our customers to explore the monitoring agents and widgets that would best suit their needs to manage their TSM installations more effectively. Pre-configuring many of the key reports such as client activity scatter and transfer charts, and occupancy history graphs helps our customers simplify much of the routine monitoring and analysis of backup and storage management.
WSP Lite installs in less than 15 minutes and has many of the same features as the full version of Wizards Storage Portal, including flash-based charts documenting storage growth, along with graphs and reports that continually monitor the backup system using current and historical data. To see WSP Lite in action, visit http://youtu.be/6eQxZO90eNY for a short video.
Paul Stroem, Global Sales Director of Debriefing Software, said, ?As well as being a useful application for customers to monitor and analyse a limited number of servers, WSP Lite is also an ideal tool for our reseller partners to set up extended trials with customers who want to review Wizards Storage Portal over the course of several months. WSP Lite makes it easy for customers to quantify the return on investment of implementing this kind of storage across their whole infrastructure.
Key features of WSP Lite include:
- User-friendly dashboard with drag and drop widgets and collaboration tools.
- Monitor your backup system 24/7 with current and historical data.
- Track storage growth by viewing flash-based historic data presented in charts and tables.
- Use in conjunction with WSP Mobile, a free app that monitors your chosen servers from your iPhone or iPad.
For more information on the key benefits of WSP Lite and to see it in action, visit http://youtu.be/6eQxZO90eNY for a short video.
The key differences between WSP Lite and the full enterprise version of WSP are:
- WSP Lite can be used by one user and on up to two servers while the enterprise version can be used by an unlimited number of people on an unlimited number of servers.
- The number of monitoring agents and configurable widgets is limited to five of each with WSP Lite, rather than being unlimited as in the full version.
- Real-time data is collected every hour with WSP Lite instead of every 10 minutes as in the full version.
- Historical data is limited to 14 days with WSP Lite, as opposed to two years with the full enterprise version.
For more information on the differences between the full enterprise version of Wizards Storage Portal, the 30-day free trial version and WSP Lite, visit http://www.debriefingsoftware.com/wspversions to download the PDF.
Related Keywords:Debriefing Software, WSP lite, Wizards Storage Portal, IBM, Tivoli Storage Manager