|Page (1) of 1 - 11/18/11||email article||print page|
DataDirect Networks (DDN) Storage Fusion Architecture Awarded HPC Industry's Highest AwardDDN's Storage Fusion Architecture Series of Big Data Storage Receives HPCwire's Editors' Choice Award for Best Storage Product or Technology, DDN's Seventh HPCwire Award (November 18, 2011)
CHATSWORTH, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/18/11 -- DataDirect Networks (DDN), the world's largest privately held information storage company, today announced that its Storage Fusion Architecture (SFA), the innovative Big Data storage platform behind more 100GB/s file systems than all other technology combined, has been recognized with the HPCwire's Editors' Choice Award for "Best HPC Storage Product or Technology." The award was presented to DDN this week at the 2011 International Conference for High Performance Computing, Networking, Storage and Analysis (SC11), in Seattle. It is the seventh time that DDN technology has been honored by HPCwire for storage technology innovation.
"We are honored to receive this award recognizing DDN's decade-long commitment to delivering world class solutions to the HPC community," said Alex Bouzari, CEO and cofounder, DataDirect Networks. "DDN delivers more bandwidth to the 500 fastest computers in the world than all other companies combined, and with our groundbreaking SFA technology we are helping scientists worldwide invent and discover new things for the benefit of mankind."
DDN recently announced the SFA12K series of Big Data storage platforms, a major breakthrough in the field of high performance computing which delivers the following innovations:
- Platform Leadership: DDN's systems perform up to 800% faster than the competition, require as much as 58% less data center resources and reduce total cost of ownership by up to 50% for big data applications
- In-Storage Processing: Highly-optimized virtualization and co-processing enable SFA customers to host their data-intensive applications with their storage to minimize data access latency while eliminating the cost and complexity of external computing and storage networking for virtualized Windows and Linux applications
- Storage Fusion Fabric: With 160 dedicated 6Gb SAS lanes and up to 500% greater storage access density than competing systems, DDN's non-blocking internal network aggregates performance-intensive SSD and HDD devices to enable consolidated infrastructure and avoiding expensive in-server approaches to application acceleration
- SATAssure+: DDN has extended its data-protection suite to feature the capability to autonomously heal itself from errant SATA drive failures through intelligent fault and power management, reducing instances of SATA drive replacement by up to 80%
- Quality of service: The SFA12K delivers real-time quality of service and predictable latency for read-intensive applications requiring sustained data access, enabling superior sustained performance
"HPCwire's editors track hundreds if not thousands of new products each year. The HPCwire Editors' Choice awards represent which HPC-related products are making the biggest impact within this rapidly expanding market," said Tom Tabor, publisher of HPCwire. "The HPCwire Readers' and Editors' Choice Awards send a succinct message to the recipients that their peers globally across the HPC community recognize their work, and consider their efforts exemplary. Our congratulations go out to all the winners."
More information on this year's HPCwire awards can be found online at www.HPCwire.com.
About DataDirect Networks
DataDirect Networks (DDN) is the world's largest privately held information storage company. We are the leading provider of data storage and processing solutions and services that enable content-rich and high growth IT environments to achieve the highest levels of systems scalability, efficiency and simplicity. DDN enables enterprises to extract value and deliver results from their information. Our customers include the world's leading online content and social networking providers, high performance cloud and grid computing, life sciences, media production organizations and security & intelligence organizations. Deployed in thousands of mission critical environments worldwide, DDN's solutions have been designed, engineered and proven in the world's most scalable data centers, to ensure competitive business advantage for today's information-powered enterprise.
For more information, go to www.ddn.com or call 1-800-TERABYTE (837-2298).
DDN, SFA, SFA 12K, Storage Fusion Fabric, SATAssure, StorageScaler, and In-Storage Processing are trademarks owned by DataDirect Networks. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: DataDirect Networks, Applications, Storage, Security, Networking, Computer Technology, Business Issues, Services, Misc, Networks, Security, Management, CEO/CFO, Computers/Peripherals, Business, Network (LAN), Linux OS, Production/Post, Production, Storage, Unix, Linux, Marketwire, , Business, Social Networking, Other,