|Page (1) of 1 - 03/15/12||email article||print page|
Data Center World Taps FieldView for IT Power Management InsightCompany Presents Real-World Data Center Infrastructure Management Case Studies (March 15, 2012)
EDISON, NJ -- (Marketwire) -- 03/15/12 -- FieldView Solutions, a provider of industry-leading Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) and IT power management software -- today announced that John Consoli, VP of Sales and Marketing for FieldView Solutions, will present "DCIM: Doubt, Confusion, Intrigue and Mystery" at Data Center World, Tuesday, March 20, 2012, 2:30pm, Room 4, The Mirage, Las Vegas, NV. The presentation will examine reasons for DCIM market confusion, compare and contrast different data center power and cooling management solutions as well as share real-world DCIM case studies.
"Facilities managers, IT personnel and engineers all have varying DCIM definitions and impressions as to the software's benefits," said John Consoli, VP of Sales and Marketing for FieldView Solutions. "The Data Center World presentation will give attendees valuable insight into the rapidly evolving DCIM market, as well as how to capitalize on it to benefit their specific data center needs."
In addition, FieldView Solutions will also showcase its FieldView 5.0 DCIM solution at Booth #828. The enhanced DCIM offering is tailored with Microsoft® Business Intelligence (BI) tool sets, provides access to structured data through an Open Database Connection (ODBC), and colocation support that enables application assets to be provisioned and easily maintained. New FieldView 5.0 enhancements include:
- Business Intelligence (BI) offering - The Analysis Agent - The Analysis Agent leverages Microsoft's Business Intelligence (BI) toolset for online analytical processing (OLAP), data mining, charting and data presentation as well as operational and ad hoc reporting.
- Colocation Suite - The suite is a set of tools to support colocation tenants, providers and managers. New reports are infused with micro permissions as well as zone security to cover cabinets, circuits, IO points, and strips. In addition, space charts have been added to provide enhanced visual representations of a tenant's occupancy, space and resource utilization.
- Enhanced Polling Agent - FieldView users may now poll one or more locations from any single polling agent instance in the server topology as well as select and configure specific devices as "critical." In addition, an open polling interface is now available to support structured data access through an Open Database Connection (ODBC) to any compatible database management system.
- Radically Redesigned Heat Maps - FieldView's heat map page has been redesigned to enable rapid, effective data interpretation across multiple status dimensions, vis-à-vis a single view. In addition, a new snapshot feature has been added for point-in-time visualizations as well as a new slideshow feature to build automated displays of data center temperature.
- Asset Agent - The asset agent is designed to function as a complete solution for customers without an asset management application or as an integration point into existing asset solutions.
- Intel® Data Center Manager (DCM) Integration - New, more granular level of monitoring which enhances the power of FieldView 5.0. Users can now monitor and trend real-time temperature, power and utilization data at the server level via Intel DCM 3.0 and increase their power efficiency by as much as 40 percent.
"FieldView 5.0 -- with Intel's unique ability to deliver real-time power use monitoring at the server-level -- addresses the growing problem of power overprovisioning in the data center, giving customers one of the tools they need to operate their data centers at optimal efficiency," said Jeff Klaus, director, Data Center Solutions, Intel®.
For additional information, please contact FieldView Solutions at (732) 395-6920 or via email at [email protected]. For DCIM industry insight, follow FieldView Solutions on their blog, Twitter, YouTube, Google+, or join FieldView DCIM Professionals on LinkedIn. To schedule a face-to-face meeting with FieldView Solutions at Data Center World, please email [email protected].
About FieldView Solutions
FieldView Solutions provides managers of today's complex, mission-critical data centers with browser-based, scalable software tools that deliver a real-time view into all aspects of data center infrastructure management (DCIM). The company's flagship product, FieldView, has helped data center operations professionals in many of the largest data centers in the U.S., Europe and Asia since 2003. The FieldView Solutions team is comprised of industry professionals with demonstrated experience in both the design and operation of data centers and the development of technology platforms that service them. FieldView Solutions meets the needs of a broad range of users, from smaller, single-site operators through large-scale global corporate clients. For more information, visit http://www.fieldviewsolutions.com.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1917919
Embedded Video Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1917922
For more information, contact:
BridgeView Marketing (for FieldView Solutions)
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: IT Power Management, USA,Marketwire, ,Business,Email,