|Page (1) of 1 - 03/14/12||email article||print page|
DameWare NT Utilities and Mini Remote Control Add Remote Screenshot and Chat to Ease TroubleshootingSolarWinds Acquired DameWare in December 2011, and Continues to Advance the Products Based on User Feedback (March 14, 2012)
AUSTIN, TX -- (Marketwire) -- 03/14/12 -- SolarWinds® (NYSE: SWI), a leading provider of powerful and affordable IT management software, announced today the release of version 8 of DameWare NT Utilities (NTU) and DameWare Mini Remote Control (MRC), its remote Windows® administration solutions. The DameWare products allow system administrators to easily manage Windows servers, workstations, desktops, and laptops from remote locations. The latest versions introduce both chat and remote screenshot functionality.
DameWare NTU supports Microsoft Windows Network implementations through a dynamic browser tree view. Domain controllers, servers and workstations, as well as non-browseable machines can easily be managed by machine name or IP address after being added to the network browser tree view. DNTU contains several custom tools including the DameWare Mini Remote Control (MRC) program, and supports the use of standard shell property pages and shell context menus.
"We're really excited to have DameWare as part of the company," said Denny LeCompte, Vice President of Product Management. "These are great products, and we're already thinking about what to do next to improve them. We absolutely want to hear from DameWare users. Just like our other products, the product roadmap will be customer-driven, so bring on the feature requests!"
DameWare Mini Remote Control includes:
- NEW chat function that lets you communicate online in real time with your remote user as you troubleshoot or configure the remote machine
- NEW screenshot function that allows you to capture and store an image of the remote machine in one simple step
- Extensive security and encryption abilities, including multiple authentication methods like Smart Card and Encrypted Windows Logon
- Connectivity options like IPv4 and IPv6 support, Wake-on-LAN ability, and proxy server availability
- Deployment, use, and end-user support that is flexible and easy to understand
DameWare NT Utilities includes:
- All of the great features in Mini Remote Control, plus:
- Windows management in which you can remotely support domains, workstations, disk drives, computers, and more from a single location
- Active Directory capability that retrieves, searches, filters, and manages all AD objects and attributes
- Exporter that takes information from remote machines and saves it as XML or CSV files
DameWare NT Utilities and Mini Remote Control are two of five key products in the SolarWinds systems management product portfolio. Together, these products address the troubleshooting, patch management, and performance monitoring needs of the system administrator. This portfolio also includes Server & Application Monitor (SAM), Synthetic End User Monitor (SeUM), and Patch Manager.
"DameWare continues to be the number one tool for our very small IT department," said George Lama, IT Manager at Olmsted Center for Sight. "With nearly 100 users and servers to manage, DameWare provides us with an easy way to monitor and troubleshoot equipment as well as survey our network. The price is right, the feature set is fantastic and keeps getting better, and the community is very responsive."
"I've been using DameWare for years," said Chester Camlin, Managing Consultant at Atlantic Digital. "It's perfect for when I want a comprehensive view of a remote machine. We're really pleased to see SolarWinds implementing some of the most requested features -- chat and screenshots will make using DameWare even better. DameWare is really a complete solution for remote administration."
DameWare NT Utilities recently won two WindowsNetworking.com's Reader's Choice Awards, one for Administration Tools and one for Remote Control. DameWare NTU also won Reader's Choice Awards in 2008, 2010, and 2011.
Pricing and Availability
Pricing for DameWare NT Utilities starts at $349 and pricing for DameWare Mini Remote Control starts at $99. For more information, visit the DameWare website.
- SolarWinds Adds Server Hardware Health, Real-Time Process Monitoring, and IPv6 Support to Server & Application Monitor
- SolarWinds Releases Synthetic End User Monitor, Industry's First Affordably-Priced Product to Monitor Web Transactions from Cloud-Based Locations
- SolarWinds Significantly Expands Systems Management Product Footprint
SolarWinds (NYSE: SWI) provides powerful and affordable IT management software to customers worldwide -- from Fortune 500 enterprises to small businesses. We work to put our users first and remove the obstacles that have become "status quo" in traditional enterprise software. SolarWinds products are downloadable, easy to use and maintain, and provide the power, scale, and flexibility needed to address users' management priorities. Our online user community, thwack, is a gathering place where tens of thousands of IT pros solve problems, share technology, and participate in product development for all of SolarWinds' products. Learn more today at http://www.solarwinds.com/.
DameWare, SolarWinds, SolarWinds.com, thwack and the SolarWinds logo are registered trademarks of SolarWinds. All other company and product names mentioned are used only for identification purposes and may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1916466
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1916469
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: DameWare, NT Utilities, Mini Remote Control, Windows, servers, Active Directory, Windows management, Office Equipment, Computers, Security, Computer Technology, Internet, Hardware, Authentication, Administration, Authentication, Patch Management, Security, Administration, Management, Marketwire, , Internet Technology, Other,