|Page (1) of 1 - 08/31/01||email article||print page|
DSPDEV Introduces VRS (Virtual Room Simulator) for Creamware Pulsar/Scope(August 31, 2001)
The Virtual Room Simulator combines a Surround module with 15 channels, 16 sound sources, an amazing surround reverberator, bass and treble extraction LFE & HFE), stereo monitoring, a 16 voices mixer in a fun and addictive layout. This tool is perfect for all multimedia or film designers who want to have an easy way to visualize their sound sources in space and move them in real time. The Virtual Room Simulator can be used by all the classical or live music composers to re-create the real acoustic of a room, you can place the instruments, the listener and in case of 5:1 mixing you can place the Speakers and listen everything in real time. The Virtual Room Simulator can be also a great deal for all the ones who want to mix in 3D 360° instead of using a classical 2D stereo mixer. With the VRS you can move any of your sound sources in space, turning around the listener, moving up, down left right and listen the result in real-time. Our brand new reverb simulate the acoustic of the room and change following the size of the room, its materials and its character.
Here is a list of its features :
- Complex modelization of the distance, size, and reflections in an attempt to fully simulate a large range of rooms types, from Cathedrals to Pubs ambience. Room size can be in the range of 2 to 400 square meters.
- 16 sound sources that can be moved in real time, corresponding to the 16 ins in a "classic mixer".
- 15 speakers that correspond to the speakers in a surround environment. For doing 5:1 you only need 5 speakers. You can simulate an environment with up to 15 speakers.
- Stereo output simulation of the listened sound from the listened place.
- powerful monitoring of all the source with or without reverb, monitoring the bass and treble channels, and the Stereo result from the listener's place.
- Re-sizable room dimension. Rooms are square but can be changed in height and width.
- 16 vue-meters plus a gain for each surround speaker's output.
- a unique 15 channels Reverberator to simulate the real reverb from the Room.
- Doppler effect assignable to any of the 16 sound source to enable or disable this movement simulation effect. Works great on vehicles moves for example.
- Room simulation center where you can move with the mouse or a controller any of the symbolized items all in real time.
- Type of Wall, level reverb, size of room, early reflections amount, damping to re-create a realistic room modelization.
- Timber button to create clear or Smooth rooms.
- separate Output for the dry and reverb signal, mix dry, mix reverb to monitor the sum of all the surround channels, bass extraction and treble extraction channel with or without reverb.
- Low pass and high pass filters for the treble and bass settings.
- You can save your Sound source config, your Speakers, the Reverb parameters and you can also save all of them Globally with the ALL preset save.
The VRS is available from our web site: http://www.dspdev.com.
DSPDEV has been created by N. Choukroun to bring together the talent of many creative people including graphic artists, programming masters and musicians who are working together to develop useful tools based on state-of-the-art DSP research.
For more information, visit their web site at www.dspdev.com.
Related Keywords:professional audio studio tools, amazing surround reverberator, bass and treble, multimedia or film designers