Page (1) of 1 - 08/23/10||
DFT Digital Film Technology Unveils New Features for SCANITY, Launches BONES PlayoutMaster at IBC 2010
(August 23, 2010)
DFT Digital Film Technology, provider of high-end film and digital post production solutions that preserve, manage, and deliver your pictures will demonstrate a number of key new features for its SCANITY film scanner at IBC 2010, stand number 7.E12. In addition, BONES PlayoutMaster, a new software application for converting DPX clips to file and video formats will be launched to the European market.
New features for the SCANITY Film Scanner include:
- Batch Processing - further processing of scanned image files where second set of files includes modifications e.g. grain reduction, contour correction and softening, colour space conversion, size changes
- Grain Reduction - Scream grain management tool with enhanced algorithms available as a software tool in SCANITY Batch Processing.
Infra Red Channel and Dirt Processing - Collimated IR light and a separate camera generate a Dirt Matte, and add
dust and scratch processing
Optional Audio Scanner - Reads optical audio tracks on 35mm film
- Delicate Film Mode
- Reduces tension on the film, provides reduced acceleration and slowing during the scanning process, and offers enhanced perforation detection
Parallel proxy recording
Automatic D-min -
analyzes minimum density of film and automatically sets light levels. Also includes; auto focus, auto calibration, auto film stock detection
DFT will also demonstrate BONES PlayoutMaster at IBC, a new software application for generating an array of file and video formats from DPX clips. It lets users quickly execute cuts in the editing timeline, perform sound synchronization, and generate and output digital files or real-time SD/HD video. There are several available options including; image and audio ingest, image processing (color correction, 3D LUT, scaling), secondary color correction and RAID storage configurations. DFT will also demonstrate the new version of BONES Dailies software - V4.6 with the following new features:
- Background and remote rendering of file outputs, extended file output support for MXF (DNxHD), QuickTime (H.264), XDCAM, and more
- Automatic scene change / camera flash detection
- Enhanced integration between Bones Dailies and 3rd party grading applications
For more information, please visit DFT Digital Film Technology at IBC 2010, stand number 7.E12.
SCANITY, BONES, BONES PlayoutMaster, DFT, Digital Film Technology
Source:Digital Media Online.
All Rights Reserved