|Page (1) of 1 - 04/16/12||email article||print page|
DEMO Spring 2012 Announces Full Lineup of Industry Expert PanelistsAttendees to Experience Live Product Demonstrations From Today and Tomorrow's Top Innovators (April 16, 2012)
FRAMINGHAM, MA -- (Marketwire) -- 04/16/12 -- The DEMO Conference, world-renowned for launching the most innovative companies in enterprise, mobile, cloud computing, consumer, social media and disruptive technologies, today announced its full agenda of top venture capitalists, entrepreneurs and global technology leaders for DEMO Spring 2012, on April 17-19, 2012, at the Hyatt Regency in Santa Clara. At DEMO Spring 2012, 75 demonstrator companies from 12 countries -- from Israel to Norway to Istanbul -- will spend six minutes each launching their ground-breaking new products and services designed to revolutionize today's corporate and home lives.
For the past 22 years, the DEMO conference has excelled as the launch platform for industry changing start-ups, and this year is no exception with demonstrations from companies in five categories including DEMO Mobile, DEMO Enterprise, DEMO Social and Media, DEMO Consumer, and DEMO Cloud. After each group of industry-specific demonstrators, expert sage panelists will take the stage to provide their dynamic commentary and feedback on the demonstrations.
"DEMO remains a one-of-a-kind experience for attendees via the superior launch demonstrations and top-notch speaker lineup of VC's, entrepreneurs, and other industry leaders," said DEMO executive producer Matt Marshall. "We are thrilled to once again present a packed agenda of game-changing and thought-provoking sessions to our attendees."
DEMO Spring 2012's complete lineup of distinguished speakers includes:
- David Lawee, Vice President, Corporate Development, Google
- Aaron Levie, CEO and Co-Founder, Box
- Zach Nelson, President and CEO, NetSuite, Inc
- Brad Smith, CEO, Intuit, moderated by Jon Fortt, Technology Correspondent, CNBC
- Mike Abbott, Partner, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers
- Larry Augustin, CEO, SugarCRM
- Frank Chen, Partner, Andreessen Horowitz
- Jeff Clavier, Managing Partner, Softech VC
- David, Friedberg, CEO, The Climate Corporation
- Ross Fubini, Partner, Kapor Capital
- Chuck Ganapathi, Entrepreneur-in-Residence, Accel Partners
- Tom Gillis, CEO, Bracket Computing
- Bill Gurley, General Partner, Benchmark Capital
- David Gutelius, Chief Social Scientist, Jive Software
- Christine Herron, Director, Intel Capital
- Jody Holtzman, Senior Vice President, Thought Leadership, AARP
- Sheila Jordan, Senior Vice President, Communication and Collaboration IT, Cisco Systems
- Steve Jurvetson, Managing Director, Draper Fisher Jurvetson (DFJ)
- Joe Kraus, Partner, Google Ventures
- Jason Krikorian, General Partner, DCM
- Aileen Lee, Partner, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers
- Claire Lee, Head of Partnerships, Emerging Business Team, Microsoft
- John Lilly, Partner Greylock Partners
- Darryl McDade, Platform Strategy and Evangelism, Microsoft Corporation and Executive Producer, "Ctrl+Alt+Compete"
- Jeff Mullen, Founder and CEO, Dynamics, Inc.
- Bill Nguyen, Founder & CEO, Color Labs
- Peter Pham, Co-Founder and Partner, Science
- Shervin Pishevar, Managing Director, Menlo Ventures
- Will Price, CEO, Flite
- Harshul Sanghi, Managing Partner, AMEX Ventures, Enterprise Growth, American Express
- James Slavet, Partner, Greylock Partners
- Dana Stalder, General Partner, Matrix Partners
- Matt Thomson, General Manager of Developer and Platform Evangelism, Microsoft Corporation
- Nirav Tolia, Co-Founder and CEO, Nextdoor.com
New this year is the conference mobile app, created by DEMO alumnus DoubleDutch, which serves as a digital guide for conference attendees. Through the conference app, available for iPhone, iPad via iTunes, Android via the Android Market and other devices via HTML5, attendees can view and explore the complete DEMO Spring 2012 schedule including demonstrator company information; check-in to sessions and meeting areas; and view feeds of other attendee activity, including social media. You can download the mobile app for your device here: http://ddut.ch/demo2012.
Furthermore, DEMO continues to showcase the most disruptive products regardless of geography through DEMO Spring as well as the recently hosted DEMO Asia in Singapore on March 1, 2012, which hosted 73 companies from 14 countries, and the upcoming DEMO Brazil, taking place September 1 - 2, 2012 in Sao Paulo. For more information about any of the DEMO conferences or to register to see the headline makers of tomorrow at DEMO Spring 2012, visit the newly re-launched www.demo.com and reserve your spot today.
Stay connected with DEMO through the communities on the following sites:
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/DEMOconference
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groupInvitation?gid=111&ut=3Mmgc0IRU0pRc1&sharedKey=75FCA2027E6E
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/demo
DEMO Spring 2012 Sponsors
DEMO Spring 2012 Platinum Sponsors: AARP, Dynamics, Fusion-IO, Microsoft BizSpark, PlugandPlayTechCenter.com, Porter Novelli and Startup America Partnership.
DEMO Spring 2012 Gold Sponsors: Citi, Citrix Startup Accelerator, Comerica Bank, Cooley, LLP, IBM, Invest Northern Ireland, J.P.Morgan, LOUD3R, Merrill Lynch, NEC, Northern Trust, NYSE Euronext, SecondMarket, Silicon Valley Bank, Social Radius, Topaz Partners, TriNet, VCNetwork, Wells Fargo, William Blair and Wilson Sonsini Goodrick & Rosati.
DEMO Spring 2012 Showcase Sponsors: 4Mads, AgeTek, Business Planning HQ, Carr & Ferrell, Game Maki, George Mobile, Hoiio API, Monaca, OmniStrat, PhoCusWright, Scribit, ShareWith911.com, The Falls Event Center, Venturocket, YouEye, Zirtu and Zadara Storage.
DEMO Spring 2012 Strategic Partners: BoogarLists, The California Stock Exchange, Churchill Club, Conference Guru, Conferize, Cool Blue Press, Environmental Business Cluster, Expert CEO, Hawai'i Angels, Keiretsu Forum, Mass Challenge, Mobile Groove, New Media Synergy, Parks Associates, pariSoma, Tech Coast Angels, TechZulu, ubergizmo and Wireless Industry Partnership.
About the DEMO Conferences
Produced by the IDG Enterprise events group in conjunction with VentureBeat, the DEMO conferences in the United States, Asia and Brazil focus on emerging technologies and new products innovations, which are hand selected from across the spectrum of the technology marketplace. The DEMO conferences have earned their reputation for consistently identifying tomorrow's cutting-edge technologies, and have served as launch pad events for companies such as Palm, E*Trade, Handspring, and U.S. Robotics, helping them to secure venture funding, establish critical business relationships, and influence early adopters. For more information on the DEMO conferences, visit http://www.demo.com/.
The DEMO community also benefits from the award winning DEMOletter. A weekly e-newsletter designed to reach the people who are creating companies, building products and launching new ideas, DEMOletter provides smart insight and analysis of entrepreneurial business issues. To subscribe, go to: http://www.demo.com.
About IDG Enterprise
IDG Enterprise, an International Data Group (IDG) company brings together the leading editorial brands (CFOworld, CIO, Computerworld, CSO, DEMO, InfoWorld, ITworld and Network World) to serve the information needs of our technology, security and financial-focused audiences. As the premier hi-tech B2B media company, we serve our reader and advertiser audiences by delivering award-winning content, community, conversation and conversion solutions across our entire portfolio of websites, events, magazines, products and services. In addition, the CIO Executive Council is a peer advisory service that delivers on the business, technology, and leadership needs for the world's elite CIOs and their respective staffs. For more information, visit www.idgenterprise.com.
Additional information about IDG, a privately held company, is available at http://www.idg.com.
VentureBeat's mission is to provide news about innovation for forward-thinking executives. The New York Times called VentureBeat one of the "best blogs on the Web," and now syndicates VentureBeat's articles. Reuters and many other publishers also run VentureBeat articles.
All product and company names are trademarks of their respective companies.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: entrepreneur, venture capital, angel investor, startup, Ireland, USA, Singapore, Israel, Jordan, Brazil, Marketwire, Inc., , Apple Computer, Gold, Internet Technology, Engineering, Business, Science, Other,