|Page (1) of 1 - 05/10/11||email article||print page|
D-Link Announces New Cloud Managed Solutions With Expanded Wireless Features, Broadband Aggregation and Client Security for Small and Medium-Sized BusinessesD-Link's Cloud Managed Network Solutions Allow Businesses With Limited IT Resources and Budgets to Improve the Uptime and Cost-Effectiveness of Their Networks (May 10, 2011)
MISSISSAUGA, ON -- (Marketwire) -- 05/10/11 -- D-Link, the cost-effective, standards-based unified networking solutions provider for small business and medium enterprise IT environments, today announced new Cloud Managed products, providing unprecedented value and reliability to small and medium-sized businesses looking for a better way to manage their networks. The D-Link® DAP-3525 AirPremier® N Dual Band Exterior PoE Access Point powered by CloudCommand, D-Link Insight, and D-Link DIR-605 Fuzion Broadband Aggregation Router leverage Cloud-based automation for remote configuration and monitoring, resiliency, load balancing, and security management that can be outsourced or handled internally, allowing businesses with limited IT resources and budgets to improve the uptime and cost-effectiveness of their networks.
D-Link's Cloud Managed solutions allow small and medium businesses -- or the value-added reseller (VAR) or managed service provider (MSP) of their choice -- to manage one or many networks remotely via a Cloud portal. Using the Cloud portal, businesses can take advantage of Cloud efficiencies in network deployments including higher performance and enterprise-class reliability.
"It can be challenging for today's small businesses and medium enterprises to implement robust, Cloud Managed solutions that not only offer enterprise-class security and resiliency, but at a price that works within constrained IT budgets," said Joe Melfi, director of technical marketing, D-Link Systems, Inc. "With D-Link's superior economic model, Canadian businesses can benefit from robust Cloud solutions that provide enhanced security, easy integration, and centralized management for a fraction of the cost of other complex.
Following are additional features and benefits of the D-Link Cloud solutions:
DAP-3525 AirPremier® N Dual Band Exterior PoE Access Point powered by CloudCommand
The D-Link line of Wi-Fi products powered by CloudCommand has been expanded with the DAP-3525 for outdoor deployment. CloudCommand-powered access points deliver business-grade features at consumer-friendly prices for small- and medium-sized businesses with ease of configuration and deployment. VARs can deploy secure, managed Wi-Fi networks with multiple access points faster, and at a lower cost than any other solution in the market. Features include:
- Selectable dual band 2.4/5Ghz for flexible IEEE 802.11n performance up to 300Mbps(1)
- 802.3af Power Over Ethernet (PoE)(2) support
- Secure, segregated guest access, and control privileges for each user
- Designed for exterior deployments with an IP65 rated enclosure
- One-year subscription to CloudCommand Cloud service
Insight Cloud Managed Client Security for D-Link® Web Smart Switches
Insight is a unique Cloud-based network management solution allowing businesses to stop security threats at the source -- the user's computer. Utilizing D-Link DES/DGS-1210 series Web Smart switches, Insight provides a choice of two levels of monitoring individual client computer security compliance: Insight Basic and Insight Plus.
Insight Basic offers network discovery plus:
- Tracking of devices connected to the switch by MAC address, IP and switch port
- DHCP OS fingerprinting to authenticate DHCP and DNS servers, routers/gateways and clients
- Automatic configuration management with backup of switch settings and easy restoration
- Notification alerts indicating change in device connectivity to the network (e.g., new hardware additions or Web smart switch disconnection)
- Windows and Mac compatible
- One-year subscription to Insight Basic Cloud service included
Insight Plus includes the Insight Basic functionality, plus active security monitoring of individual connected devices and extended OS fingerprinting functions, including:
- Microsoft® Network Access Protection (NAP) for visibility into the compliance of clients to security policy without the complexity of managing a local security server
- Report compliance of Windows and Mac clients for OS updates, Anti-Virus updates, Firewall status
- Warns both administrator and user of any problems
- Eases IT administration burden by avoiding security related system rebuilds
- Delivers ROI on antivirus/antispyware investments
- 30-day trial to Insight Plus Cloud service
DIR-605 Fuzion Broadband Aggregation Router
Ideal for small businesses, remote business branches and SOHO environments, the DIR-605 Fuzion Broadband Aggregation Router delivers increased Internet bandwidth and reliability via Cloud-based failover protection and per-packet load balancing multiple low-cost broadband lines to function as a single Internet connection. Fuzion improves bi-directional performance and uptime to meet connectivity requirements within constrained IT budgets. Fuzion features include:
- Bandwidth aggregation of multiple broadband Internet connections -- both downstream and upstream capacities -- for faster download and upload speeds
- Reliable interoperability with single or multiple ISP providers and broadband types, including DSL, cable, fiber-based broadband services, and T1
- Secure traffic exchange through robust encryption, plus WPA/WPA2 for wireless LAN access
- Enables implementation of bandwidth demanding applications like VPN, VoIP, video conferencing, hosted services, and offsite data backup
- Cloud portal for easy, centralized administration, management of Internet traffic, monitoring and graphical reporting of status and trends
- One-year subscription to Fuzion Cloud service
D-Link Delivers on Flexibility and Affordability
D-Link unified networking solutions offer a range of capabilities to satisfy small and medium-sized business requirements for scalability, reliability, and performance with lower initial and ongoing costs. Through D-Link's superior economic model, businesses can take advantage of affordable Cloud-based solutions that deliver high-end features. All D-Link solutions support industry standards for interoperability in multi-vendor environments and to avoid locking customers into expensive and proprietary hardware, software or service requirements.
Pricing & Availability
The DAP-3525 will be available with a one-year Cloud Service subscription in June 2011 through D-Link's vast network including value-added resellers, solutions providers and distributors. Pricing for the DAP-3525 powered by CloudCommand will vary by reseller/distributor. Insight Basic and Insight Plus offered offered on DES-DGS-1210 series Web Smart switches and DIR-605 Fuzion with Cloud Service will be available later this year.
Detailed specifications for D-Link's new Cloud Solutions are available on www.dlink.ca.
D-Link is the global leader in connectivity for home, small business, mid- to large-sized enterprise environments, and service providers. An award-winning designer, developer, and manufacturer, D-Link implements and supports unified network solutions that integrate capabilities in switching, wireless, broadband, storage, IP Surveillance, and cloud-based network management. For more information, visit www.dlink.ca.
AirPremier, Insight , Fuzion, D-Link and the D-Link logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of D-Link Corporation or its subsidiaries. All other third-party marks mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective owners. Copyright © 2011.D-Link. All Rights Reserved.
(1) Maximum wireless signal rate derived from IEEE Standard 802.11 specifications. Actual data throughput will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic, buildings materials and construction, and network overhead, lower actual data throughput rate. Environmental factors will adversely affect wireless signal range. Wireless range and speed rates are D-Link RELATIVE performance measurements based on the wireless range and speed rates of a standard Wireless G product from D-Link. Maximum throughput based on D-Link Wireless N devices.
(2) Requires 802.3af compliant switch port.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: D-Link Systems, Inc., Applications,Sales & Marketing,Storage,Security,Networking,Internet,Business Issues,Hardware,Services,Software,Misc,Backup,Networks,Security,Standards,Threats,Administration,Wireless,Policy,Standards,Connectivity,Administration,Server Hardware,Wireless,Ethernet,Policy,Software/Systems Mgmt,Server Computers,Load Balancing Hardware,Switches,Security,Administration,Internet Server Applications,Traffic Analysis/Reporting,Web Servers,Management,Mac,OS9,OSX,Marketwire, Inc.,Internet Service Providers,Internet Technology,Business,Internet,Internet Information Provider,Other,