|Page (1) of 1 - 04/25/12||email article||print page|
Customers Can Harness Big Data Environments by Leveraging Solutions Built on Enhanced RAID Inc. Xanadu 200 and 300 SeriesNew Data Protection Technology Restores Up to 8X Faster Than Traditional RAID to Help Customers Optimize Overall Performance (April 25, 2012)
ANDOVER, MA -- (Marketwire) -- 04/25/12 -- The sheer volume of data and information produced by Big Data and high performance applications continues to grow at explosive rates. How organizations store, manage, analyze, and protect this data can mean the difference between forging ahead or falling behind. This makes an organization's storage or solution platform decision more critical than ever.
RAID Incorporated today announced several major enhancements to its Xanadu 200 and 300 Series solutions to address the needs of HPC, Big Data and virtualized environments. The new SANtricity management features include improved data protection, performance, and management capabilities. With these innovative features, customers can also leverage the 99.999% available Xanadu 200 and 300 Series to deliver worry-free solutions to address traditional IT environments such as virtualized infrastructures and Microsoft applications, providing them with the versatility to serve additional customer segments to help further expand their business opportunities.
High Performance Storage Building Block
New features in the enhanced Xanadu 200 and 300 Series include:
- Dynamic Disk Pools (DDP) is an innovative new technology that provides customers with enhanced data and performance protection. DDP dynamic reconstructs failed drives, returning a storage system to optimal conditions following a drive failure up to eight times faster than with traditional RAID architectures. DDP can also reduce the performance impact from a drive failure by nearly 60%. This dramatically enhanced data protection technology enables Big Data customers to maintain performance continuity and reduce overall storage system costs. DDP also delivers storage simplification for worry-free OEM deployments in traditional IT applications.
- Additional data protection capabilities are provided by enhanced SANtricity Snapshot technology that enables customers to schedule more frequent and flexible snapshots, helping to improve overall recovery point objective (RPO) and recovery time objective (RTO) performance. The improved RPO and RTO performance increases data availability and reduces the amount of time and money an organization needs to allocate to recover valuable information.
- VMware vStorage APIs for Array Integration is now available across the Xanadu 200 and 300 Series. This provides customers with tighter integration between the storage array and VMware tools to help manage their storage environments. The added integration offers customers in virtualized environments increased flexibility, more efficient use of server resources, along with increased performance and scalability.
- Thin provisioning capabilities enable organizations to enhance overall efficiency by increasing storage utilization and reducing administrative costs.
- Active-active LUN ownership enables customers to standardize and simplify system configurations since LUN ownership to each controller does not have to be done manually. This feature also balances the load automatically across both controllers, which helps optimize performance.
About RAID Incorporated
Since 1994 RAID Incorporated has provided true 100% customized solutions for the HPC marketplace. The company specializes in optimizing total system performance by enhancing computational resources, interconnects, and I/O subsystems with a concierge support model that assures the highest level of personalized service. For more information about RAID Incorporated, visit www.raidinc.com or call 800-330-7335.
Media Contact for RAID Inc.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: storage, SAN, HPC, High-performance computing, cluster, infiniband, server, Lustre, virtualization, Marketwire, Inc., ,Business,