|Page (1) of 1 - 07/26/05||email article||print page|
Cups 'N Strings Expands Restoration and Archiving DivisionAcquires vintage tape machines to accommodate motion picture and television sound transfer (July 26, 2005)
Pictured is studio owner/chief engineer Bruce Maddocks with (from L-R) an Otari MX-5050 2-track-1/4track recorder; Otari MTR-12 4-track / 2-track recorder; Pro Tools HD-3 rig; Ampex ATR-102 2-track recorder; Otari MTR-90 MK3 8-16-24-track recorder; Otari MTR-90 MK 2 8-16-24-track recorder.
Equipment recently added includes:
* Lindberg Blue M laboratory grade mechanical convection oven for tape baking
* Fostex E-2 2-track recorder with center track time code
* Otari MTR-12 mono NEO Pilot recorder
* Fostex R-8 quarter inch 8-track
* Otari MX 5050 MK3 8-track
* Tascam 424 MK3 Portastudio 4-track cassette deck
* Custom-built headstack assemblies for all reel-to-reel audio formats
* Full Dolby A and SR noise reduction
* Full DBX Type 1 Noise reduction
* Mass Ingestion cassette rig for simultaneous loading of multiple cassette tapes
* NTSC and PAL sync generators
* Lynx Timeline synchronizers
Assets are recorded to the Pro Tools HD-3 or Nuendo digital formats for storage and future uses.
Recent projects at Cups 'N Strings include audio archiving of several TV series from the 80's and 90's, selections from the Steely Dan, REM, and Nirvana catalogs, numerous Hawaiian recordings from the 60s - 90s for the Mountain Apple Company, catalog recordings of Ray Parker, Jr. ("Ghostbusters"), Cheryl Lynn ("Got To Be Real"), and Steven Greenberg ("Funkytown").
For Cups 'N Strings info, tel 310.656.9356
Visit the website at: http://www.cupsnstrings.com
Related Keywords:Cups 'N Strings, Archiving, tape machines, Lindberg, Fostex, Otari, DBX, Lynx, Pro Tools HD-3, Nuendo,