|Page (1) of 1 - 09/16/09||email article||print page|
Cucalorus Film Festival Releases a Sneak Peak(September 16, 2009)
The full festival schedule including films, workshops, and special events (put on your dancing shoes) will be announced in early October. A final list of films, which will include up to an additional 50-60 films, to screen at Cucalorus 15 will be available in early October. Festival passes may be purchased at www.cucalorus.org.
Here is a listing of early selections:
* Billy Was a Deaf Kid | Director: Rhett & Burke Lewis | 89:00 | http://rhettandburke.com/
* Crying With Laughter | Director: Justin Molotnikov | 89:00 | http://synchronicityfilms.co.uk/
* Easier with Practice | Director: Kyle Patrick Alvarez | 100:00 | http://easierwithpractice.com/
* Entre Nos | Director: Paola Mendoza, Gloria La Morte | 81:00 |
* Mississippi Damned | Director: Tina Mabry | 120:00 | http://mississippidamned.com/
* Storm | Director: Hans-Christian Schmid | 110:00 | http://www.filmmovement.com/
* Surrogate | Director: Tali Shalom Ezer | 56:00 | http://surrogatefilm.com/
* The Eclipse | Director: Conor McPherson | 87:22
* The House of the Devil | Director: Ti West | 93:00
* TiMER | Director: Jac Schaeffer | 55:00 | http://timerthemovie.com/
* Tony Manero | 98:00
* 61 Bullets - Work-in-Progress | Director: David Modigliani | 80:00
* Bloody Mondays & Strawberry Pies | Director: Coco Schrijber | 87:00 | http://www.7thart.com/joomla/
* Crude | Director: Joe Berlinger, Michael Bonfiglio | 105:00 | http://www.crudethemovie.com/
* Partly Private | Director: Danae Elon | 81:11
* Playground | Director: Libby Spears | 86:56
* Shadow Billionaire | Director: Alexis Manya Spraic | 86:41 | http://shadowbillionaire.com/
* The Good Soldier | Director: Lexy Lovell, Michael Uys | 79:50
* The Ukranian Time Machine | Director: Naomi Uman | 55:00
* Waiting for Armageddon | Director: Franco Sacchi, Kate Davis, David Heilbrner | 74:00 | http://waitingforarmageddon.com/
* Badewanne zum Glück (Bathtub to Happiness) | Director: Nadine Keil & Norbert Keil | 26:30
* Balance | Director: Debra Sea | 03:46
* Birth | Director: Signe Baumane | 12:00 | http://signebaumane.com/
* Camp Diaries | Director: William Noland | 14:30
* Charades | Director: Ann Steuernagel | 07:00
* Horn Dog | Director: Bill Plympton | 04:30 | http://plymptoons.com/
* I Don't Sleep I Dream | Director: J.P. Chan | 14:51 | http://jpchan.com/films/
* Lies | Director: Jonas Odell | 13:13
* Morning Echo | Director: Hope Dickson Leach | 15:00 |
* No One Wants to Eat the Parsley | Director: Sharon A. Mooney | 06:00 | http://gosharongo.com/
* Notes | Director: Marc Russo | 03:24 |
* Omelette | Director: Nadejda Koseva | 07:00 | http://agitprop.bg/
* Prayers for Peace | Director: Dustin Grella | 07:38
* Roller Girls | Director: Dylan Linehan | 09:54
* She's a Fox | Director: Cameron Sawyer | 17:32
* Short Term 12 | Director: Destin Crelton | 22:00 | http://shortterm12.com/
* Small Change | Director: Anna McGrath | 07:30 | http://www.annaemcgrath.com
* Tender As Hellfire | Director: Jason Stone | 18:00
* The Bake Shop Ghost | Director: Lorette Bayle | 16:30
* The Funk | Director: Cris Jones | 07:00 | http://melodramapictures.com/
* The Late Mr. Mokun Williams | Director: Kenneth Price | 05:00
* Transgress | Director: Leanne Welham | 12:00
* Two Hours in the Dark | Director: Chip Hackler |
* Wheels | Director: Tracy Martin | 11:51 | http://wheelsmovie.com/main.html
* Where Are You Going, Elena? | Director: Josephine Decker | 05:00 | http://josephinedecker.com/Elena.html
Festival Programs will include:
A showcase of the best films from the festival circuit, crowd pleasing fare from romantic comedies to progressive documentaries.
The finest in Southern Storytelling, a collection of films by southern filmmakers, made in the South.
Socially aware and politically challenging, a showcase of powerful messages about significant socio-political issues.
Breathtaking works from challenging directors, the finest examples of innovation in the art form.
Cinematic visions for the night crowd. A mash up of sex, horror and the bizarre, for adult audiences only.
A selection of the best contemporary and emerging filmmakers from the UK.
Related Keywords:Cucalorus Film Festival