|Page (1) of 1 - 11/16/11||email article||print page|
Cubic Moves Into New Area: Contract Manufacturing(November 16, 2011)
SAN DIEGO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/16/11 -- Cubic Defense Applications (CDA), the defense systems business of Cubic Corporation (NYSE: CUB), has launched a new initiative, Cubic Manufacturing Solutions, to expand contract manufacturing.
Cubic Manufacturing Solutions (CMS) offers a low-cost near-shore contract manufacturing alternative, including conceptual design, prototyping, testing and high-rate production.
CMS has the technology, machinery and skilled workforce to provide:
- Product development, including 3-D modeling and specifications
- Precision electronic assembly, from stamping to chassis wiring
- RF, digital, analog and environmental testing in a 16,000-square-foot test laboratory, one of the best-equipped facilities in the San Diego region
- Machining and sheet metal fabrication -- from precision housings to racks, brackets and custom tools -- using modern CAD/CAM techniques
- Sewing, painting, powder coating
- Program management by managers dedicated to customer service, quality and on-time delivery
CMS is a business unit of CDA, which makes a variety of defense products to exacting government specifications and has an exceptional on-time delivery record. CMS will pursue commercial and industrial business -- including, telecommunications, automotive, aerospace and defense and nonintrusive medical instrumentation and monitoring -- with the same dedication to customer satisfaction.
"CMS has highly qualified engineers with experience in a wide range of disciplines, and can provide engineering services to support contract manufacturing projects," said Reiny Giesecke, Director of Business Development. "From concept to final production, our experience can make your products better."
Cubic Corporation is the parent company of three major business segments: Defense Systems, Mission Support Services and Transportation Systems. Cubic Defense Systems is a leading provider of realistic combat training systems, cyber technologies, asset tracking solutions, and defense electronics. Mission Support Services is a leading provider of training, operations, maintenance, technical and other support services. Cubic Transportation Systems is the world's leading provider of automated fare collection systems and services for public transit authorities. For more information about Cubic, see the company's website at www.cubic.com
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Cubic Corporation, Marketwire, , Business, Other,