|Page (1) of 1 - 07/18/02||email article||print page|
Cubase SL for OSX Coming in Fourth QuarterSuccessor to Cubase VST features loop editing and groove extraction
Cubase SL is targeted toward project studios, including digital audio, MIDI sequencing, MIDI input and processing tools, virtual instruments and a library of effects. Steinberg says the new version incorporates more efficient use of current processors and adds several new and enhanced features. These include:
- VST System Link
- Graphic automation for all parameters
- Loop editing with automatic tempo matching, groove extraction
- Musical real-time MIDI processing (arpeggiator, step sequencer etc.)
- A complete set of virtual instruments (drums, bass, synthesizer)
- Waldorf synthesizer technology
- Quadra Fuzz by Craig Anderton
- Extensive set of virtual effect processors
- Unlimited Undo/Redo
- Offline Process History for all integrated audio processes
- 24-bit / 96 kHz audio
- Cubase VST 5.x project import.
Cubase SL will run roughly $500. Upgrades from Cubase VST will cost about $200. Those who purchased VST March 1 or later will be able to upgrade for about $100. Upgrades will also be available from Cubase SL to Cubase SX. For more information, visit http://www.steinberg-ag.net.
Contact the author: Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at email@example.com.
Related Keywords:Cubase SL, OS X, Cubase VST, loop editing, groove