|Page (1) of 1 - 08/17/11||email article||print page|
Crowdmug Launches the First On-Demand Visual Updates AppAllowing People to Be Better Informed by Making It Possible to See What Places Look Like in Real-Time. (August 17, 2011)
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 08/17/11 -- Today Crowdmug, the first ever open commerce platform announced their official public launch, allowing people to see what places look like in real-time. "People need a simple way to get on demand visual updates of places," said Behzad Behrouzi, CEO and Founder of Crowdmug. "With Crowdmug you can now see what the place you're heading to looks like, before you're actually there -- all from the help of a community that benefits by making some extra cash."
Crowdmug empowers people to be better informed of the places they care about by allowing them to request photos and videos from the crowd. Those responding are not only compensated for their efforts, but also help contribute to the ever expanding library of media accessible for free by anyone using Crowdmug.
How Crowdmug Works
- Create a request by selecting the place you want to see, the number of photos and/or videos you want to receive, how soon you need it by, and how much you're willing to compensate.
- Crowdmug will broadcast your request by alerting the people located in the local area as well as make it publicly available for everyone to see.
- A person responds and completes your request by uploading to Crowdmug.
- You receive a notification that your request has been completed, the person who completed the requests earns some cash, and the media uploaded is archived and made accessible to everyone.
- People can cash out their earnings using their PayPal account or request a check be mailed to them.
Crowdmug is active in all cities in the United States and currently available on the iPhone. The company was founded in March of 2011 and is on an accelerated release cycle of new features.
Crowdmug is a location based, real-time open commerce platform that allows people to obtain real-time visual updates of places. With Crowdmug, people can select the place they want to see, when they want to see it, the price they are willing to pay and someone in the Crowdmug community can fulfill it. Crowdmug archives all the photos and videos submitted making them publicly accessible to all its users. Crowdmug is based in San Francisco, CA. Visit www.crowdmug.com for more information.
Embedded Video Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1704032
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Crowdmug, USA, Marketwire, Apple Computer,