|Page (1) of 1 - 01/30/12||email article||print page|
Court Rejects HP's Attempt to Keep the Truth About Itanium's Death From CustomersUnsealed Court Filings Highlight Hewlett Packard's "Milk" the Customer Business Strategy (January 30, 2012)
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/30/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) issued the following statement in response to today's ruling in the ongoing litigation with HP relating to the Intel® Itanium® platform:
"Oracle is delighted that the Superior Court of the State of California, Santa Clara County, has rejected HP's attempt to hide the truth about Itanium's certain end of life from its customers, partners and own employees. We look forward to seeing all of the facts made public that demonstrate how HP has known for years that Itanium is end of life."
In HP's own words:
- HP did not want to reveal that the Itanium road map is "more an illusion than of technical significance."
- Its purpose was to "extend the Itanium roadmap... to create market perception of long term viability."
- "HP-UX is on a death march due to inevitable Itanium trajectory."
- That HP knew that customers are prone to abandon a server technology as soon as its end of life becomes "visible"
- "An informed customer is not going to invest in a hardware/operating system solution with a life expectancy of 4 years."
- HP's internal documents show that "the Itanium situation is one of our most closely guarded secrets."
- "The regions are unaware of the situation with Itanium and the impending end of life."
- That HP was trying to ""drive the customer outrage angle" against Oracle instead of telling customers the truth."
- The last Itanium chip, Kittson plus, is released in a throttled down version and then a full version to create "illusion" of longer roadmap.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com
Oracle Corporate Communications
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: enterprise, applications, software, database, middleware, fusions, business, hardware, Oracle, Applications, Database, Hardware, Marketwire, , HP, Business,