|Page (1) of 1 - 03/18/18||email article||print page|
Countdown to the 2018 iaedp™ Symposium: Top 10 Reasons to Attend Conference(March 18, 2018)
Pekin, IL (PRWEB) March 18, 2018
With less than two weeks until the start of the 32nd annual iaedp™ Symposium, scheduled for March 22 – 25 in Orlando, there are so many reasons to attend. However, here are 10 reasons to plan to participate in this year's event, featuring four days of presentations, workshops and special events, including a keynote presentation by author-physician, Norman Doidge, MD, and other leading professionals in the field of eating disorders.
1. Be part of a major networking event. Whether it's over refreshments, during the panel discussions or following keynote presentations, there's an opportunity to meet hundreds of people who are professionals in the field of eating disorders.
2. Plan ahead to maximize time and experience with the iaedp™ mobile app, which makes it easy for attendees to plan and participate in the 2018 Symposium. The iaedp™ Symposium app, available online through the Apple iPhone “App Store" and Google Play, allows Symposium attendees to easily point and click on various sections that encompass iaedp's™ annual conference event.
3. Visit “Imagine Me Beyond What You See" Body Image Mannequin Art Gallery featuring this year's 15 amazing submissions from around the U.S. You can also participate in the Professionals Choice Award by voting for your favorite mannequin entry. The top five finalists will be showcased with awards presented to the Winner, Runner's Up, Honorable Mention and Professionals Choice during Saturdays' Awards Luncheon.
4. Experience, each day of this year's conference, yoga, walks and jogging in a therapeutic setting with noted and trained experts.
5. Participate in the comprehensive courses that begin just before the Symposium program. For experienced eating disorders professionals who qualify, this program is a pathway to the certification process.
6. Take advantage of the preconference trainings that address the clinical complexity of eating disorders. Workshops here include a combination of didactic material and experiential exercises, explore a model for supervision and training that fosters the development of clinical wisdom, complex case conceptualization skills and countertransference awareness.
7. Learn about MemberSHARE. As a way to further its mission at the grassroots level, the iaedp™ Foundation offers MemberSHARE, its online peer community solely dedicated to fostering an environment to support its professional members.
8. Experience seven presentations in Spanish only. Many international members prefer the Spanish presentations, and other members are bilingual to better serve some of their patients. Previous years' Spanish-only presentations at the Symposium have been popular. The series continues in 2018.
9. Experience the tradition of the past 10 years with the ceremonial Presentation of the Colors by The Orlando Cadet Squadron led by Cadet Commander, C/Lt Jack Chitty. This will be followed by the iaedp™ Chapter State Flags and International Flags, honoring the professionals who come together each year to advance learning.
10. Take a spring break at one of the most renown resorts in the U.S. Orlando offers a comfortable climate and a relaxing environment with plenty of entertainment options.
Registration information, the 2018 program schedule and specific information about each presentation and all presenters at the 2018 iaedp™ Symposium can be found at http://www.iaedp.com.
About the iaedp™ Foundation: Since 1985, the International Association of Eating Disorders Professionals has provided education and training standards to an international and multidisciplinary group of various healthcare treatment providers and helping professions. The Presidents Council provides support to the organization and its mission and includes: Center for Change; Center for Hope of the Sierras; Eating Recovery Center; Laureate Eating Disorders Program; La Ventana Treatment Programs; McCallum Place Eating Disorder Centers; Monte Nido & Affiliates; Pine Grove Women's Center; Remuda Ranch at the Meadows; Rogers Behavioral Health; Rosewood Centers for Eating Disorders; Selah House; The Renfrew Center; Timberline Knolls; and Veritas Collaborative.
The iaedp™ Foundation proudly announces the supporting sponsors for the 2018 iaedp™ Symposium:
Silver and Event Sponsor: Avalon Hills
Bronze Sponsor: Breathe Life Healing Centers
Bronze Sponsor: Montecatini Eating Disorder Treatment Centers
Bronze Sponsor: Fairwinds Treatment Center
Bronze Sponsor: Pine Grove's Women's Center
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2018/03/prweb15332691.htm.