|Page (1) of 1 - 04/04/11||email article||print page|
Couchbase Announces Membase Server for Mac OS XSimple, Fast, Elastic NoSQL Database Now Available for Mac OS Developers (April 04, 2011)
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 04/04/11 -- Couchbase, the NoSQL database company created through the recent merger of CouchOne and Membase, today announced it has released Membase Server for Mac OS X. Part of the Couchbase family of NoSQL database products, Membase Server, designed and optimized for the data management needs of interactive web applications, now provides a developer-friendly interface to better serve Mac-centric, web-focused developers.
- Membase Server for Mac OS X, a community edition released today, provides developer-friendly features that integrate seamlessly and take full advantage of the operating system, making it even easier for Mac users to develop scalable web applications against Membase Server.
- Applications built with Membase Server for Mac OS X can be seamlessly deployed on the production platform of choice; Membase Server currently supports Windows as well as Red Hat and Ubuntu Linux.
- Membase open source technology provides a distributed key-value database with integrated memcached caching technology, enabling dynamic cluster elasticity and sustained low-latency, high-throughput data operations. Its core technology powers 18 of the top 20 largest websites; and few web applications now enter production without it. Organizations such as Zynga and ShareThis use Membase to dramatically lower data management costs while improving the scalability and performance of their demanding interactive web applications.
- "Membase Server for Mac OS X is easy as one-two-free. You download it. You run it. There's no installation and it behaves exactly the way a Mac developer would expect." - Dustin Sallings, Couchbase chief architect and the primary guy behind the Mac OS X release
- "Couchbase continues to invest in making things easier for developers to build scalable, high-throughput web applications. Together with today's release of Membase Server for Mac OS X, we have also refreshed Couchbase Server for Mac OS X (our distribution of Apache CouchDB), providing the same level of OS integration and user-friendly look and feel. We look forward to continuing to provide the community with products that work the way developers do." - Frank Weigel, Couchbase director of product management
- "We've been compiling source to run Membase on Mac OS X, but compiling is less-than-convenient and in the end the software didn't look and feel like a native Mac application. It's awesome to have a packaged Membase binary that does all that right out of the box, saving us time and making Membase Server an even better NoSQL database choice for developers." - Jon Prall, VP of Ops, Tango
Additional Online Resources:
- Download Membase Server for Mac OS X
- Download Couchbase Server for Mac OS X (Couchbase's distribution of CouchDB)
- Screen shots: Membase Server for Mac OS X and Couchbase Server for Mac OS X
- Download the Membase Server technical white paper
- Follow @couchbase on Twitter
About Membase Server
A part of the Couchbase product family, Membase Server is the industry's lowest latency, highest throughput NoSQL database. A distributed key-value data store, Membase Server is designed and optimized for the data management needs of interactive web applications. It allows the database layer to scale out just like the web application logic tier -- simply by adding more commodity servers.
Couchbase is the name of the new NoSQL database company and product family created through the merger of CouchOne and Membase. Couchbase products, which are built on Apache CouchDB, Membase, and memcached open source software, represent the most comprehensive family of data management solutions for building scalable web and mobile applications, with indexing, flexible querying and ease of use that developers love; and elastic clustering, robust storage management and consistently high performance relied on by system administrators and operators. Couchbase is a privately held company funded by Accel Partners, Mayfield Fund, North Bridge Venture Partners and Redpoint Ventures. www.couchbase.com
Page One PR for Couchbase
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Couchbase, Membase, CouchDB, memcached, NoSQL, document store, database, Mac OS X, scalable web, Applications, Storage, Database, Internet, Business Issues, Software, Misc, Database, Data Management, Internet Server Applications, Web Servers, Management, Unix, Mac, Linux, OS9, OSX, Marketwire, Internet Technology, Family,