|Page (1) of 1 - 11/30/11||email article||print page|
Couchbase Announces Cloudera Certified Hadoop ConnectorFirst Certified NoSQL Database Connector Allows for Easy Data Transfer Between Couchbase Server and Cloudera's CDH, Resulting in More Complete "Big Data" Solution for Customers (November 30, 2011)
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/30/11 -- Couchbase, the leading NoSQL database company, today announced the availability of the newly certified Couchbase Hadoop Connector, developed in conjunction with Cloudera, the leading provider of Apache Hadoop-based data management software and services. The Couchbase Hadoop Connector is the first certified connector with a NoSQL database and provides Hadoop users with an easy method of moving data back and forth between Couchbase and Hadoop via an Apache Sqoop plug-in.
These two industry-leading technologies are commonly deployed alongside each other -- Couchbase for real-time data operations and Hadoop for data analytics. The Couchbase Hadoop Connecter utilizes the Sqoop plug-in to stream data from the Couchbase system to Cloudera's Distribution Including Apache Hadoop (CDH), enabling consistent application performance while also allowing for heavy duty MapReduce processing of the same dataset. In an interactive web application environment, such as an ad targeting platform, this ability ensures low latency and high throughput to make optimized decisions about real-time ad placement.
The Couchbase Hadoop Connector was certified through the Cloudera Certified Technology program, which is designed to make it simpler for Apache Hadoop technology buyers to purchase the right cluster components and software applications to extract the most value from their data.
- Bob Wiederhold, CEO, Couchbase: "Cloudera and Couchbase provide highly complementary technologies, and our integration gives customers an easier path to a complete 'Big Data' solution, as well as the enterprise-class support they need."
- Ed Albanese, Head of Business Development, Cloudera: "Empowering organizations to easily move their data between Hadoop and Couchbase allows that data to be used more effectively and for companies to process and serve data in demanding production environments. We're excited about the Couchbase Hadoop Connector for Cloudera's Distribution Including Apache Hadoop (CDH) and look forward to extending this Cloudera Certified Technology to our joint customers."
- Read more about the Couchbase Cloudera Partnership
- Download the Couchbase Hadoop Connector
- Follow Couchbase on Twitter
- Join the CouchConf World Tour
Couchbase is the NoSQL database market share leader, with production deployments at AOL, Apple, BBC, Deutsche Post, NTT Docomo, Salesforce.com, Turner Broadcasting Systems, Vimeo, Zynga and hundreds of other organizations worldwide. Couchbase products enable a more flexible, scalable, high-performance, and cost-effective approach to data management than relational database solutions and are particularly well suited for web applications deployed on virtualized or cloud infrastructures, and mobile applications requiring real-time data synchronization between devices and the cloud. Couchbase is a privately held company funded by Accel Partners, Ignition Partners, Mayfield Fund and North Bridge Venture Partners. www.couchbase.com
LEWIS Pulse for Couchbase
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Couchbase, CouchConf, NoSQL, database, Hadoop, Big Data, developer, applications, Marketwire, , Internet Technology, Business, Other,