|Page (1) of 1 - 08/01/11||email article||print page|
Cosmopolitan Releases CFG: Cosmo for Guys, an App Designed Exclusively for iPad(August 01, 2011)
NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwire) -- 08/01/11 -- Cosmopolitan, the world's largest-selling young women's magazine, today announced the launch of CFG: Cosmo for Guys, a new app designed exclusively for iPad, now available on the App Store. Conceived and executed by Cosmopolitan editors, the worldwide authority on women, love and sex, CFG is packed with original and highly interactive content geared just for men.
"The idea for CFG really came from men themselves," said Editor-in-Chief Kate White. "They frequently tell us that they love reading Cosmo because they're fascinated about what makes females tick, and they want to know how to better please the women in their life. We wanted to come to their rescue and take out the guess work. Women are the real experts on the subject."
CFG: Cosmo for Guys draws on some of the interactive functionality created for Cosmopolitan's Showcase Edition App, which launched on the App Store this March, including audio, video, quizzes, and live streaming data.
Highlights of the first issue include:
- 5 Awkward Date Situations -- Solved: An interactive quiz tests men on their ability to handle uncomfortable moments -- like when a date suddenly mentions the messy breakup she just went through. Give the wrong answer and a pop-up box provides the right one plus an explanation of why it works.
- The CFG Sex Map: Women report their bedroom preferences via a poll on Cosmopolitan.com, and data is continually updated in the Cosmo for Guys app. Users can tap a button to see how answers vary across the country.
- Will She Like It? Fedoras, distressed jeans, pink button-downs... women weigh in via Cosmo's website to let guys know if the latest male fashion trends are appealing -- or repelling -- and the latest data is automatically sent to the app.
- Gifts She'll Love: Men can use the gamelike interface to select their relationship status, the type of present they're looking for, and how much they want to spend, then tap to get Cosmo's recommendation for the perfect gift -- which can be purchased from within the app.
- Read Her Mind: This feature streams live info 24/7 from women about what DVDs they want to watch, the movie they want to see that week, and the sex and dating information men want to know.
"The iPad provides us with a canvas to try out new editorial concepts and products in an environment that lends itself beautifully to our content," said David Carey, president of Hearst Magazines. "CFG is a great idea conceived by Kate White and her team, and we're confident that it will appeal to an audience of men looking for insight and advice on how to unravel the mystery of women."
The CFG: Cosmo for Guys iPad App is available on the App Store or at itunes.com/appstore. CFG: Cosmo for Guys can be purchased for $1.99/month, $3.99/issue or $19.99 annually.
This fall, Cosmo Radio on SiriusXM (channel 109) will launch a brand-new CFG show, featuring the same compelling, male-focused content that can be found in the app.
Cosmopolitan (cosmopolitan.com) is the best-selling young women's magazine in the U.S., a bible for fun, fearless females that reaches more than 18 million readers a month. Cosmopolitan delivers the latest news on men and love, fashion and beauty, women's health and self-improvement, and entertainment. Readers can also interact with the brand on the digital front, with Cosmopolitan.com, reaching over 4 million unique users a month. Cosmopolitan is also available on apps for the iPhone and iPad, and via Cosmo Radio, the only magazine-branded radio channel of its kind, available on Sirius XM Channel 109. In addition to the U.S. flagship, Cosmopolitan publishes 64 print magazine editions around the world. Cosmopolitan is published by Hearst Magazines, a unit of Hearst Corporation (hearst.com), one of the nation's largest diversified communications companies. Once it completes its acquisition of Lagardère SCA's 100 titles in 14 countries outside of France, Hearst Magazines will publish more than 300 editions around the world, including 20 U.S. titles. Hearst Magazines is a leading publisher of monthly magazines in the U.S. in terms of total circulation and reaches 88 million adults (Spring 2010 MRI).
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1686044
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Cosmo for Guys, Cosmopolitan, iPad App, Apple , Broadcast,Streaming,Digital,Internet Media,France,USA,Marketwire,Apple Computer,Lifestyle,Entertainment,Adults,Men,Women,