|Page (1) of 1 - 04/14/11||email article||print page|
Corona SDK on Windows and Indie Android Subscription Now Widely Available(April 14, 2011)
Palo Alto, CA (Vocus/PRWEB) April 14, 2011
Previously in beta, Corona SDK on Windows allows PC users to build rich, graphical and connected Android apps from their Windows-based computers. Along with the newly enabled build capability, Corona SDK on Windows features now include:
- Debugger for Windows Simulator: A debugger for Corona Simulator, the real-time device simulator allowing users to instantly see how their app will look and function on different Android devices.
- Facebook Connect: Integration with Facebook through the Android mobile operating system.
- Asynchronous HTTP support for Android and Corona Simulator: Windows users now can make asynchronous HTTP and HTTPS/SSL calls using any valid HTTP method ("GET", "POST", etc.) without their Corona app having to be stopped to wait for a response.
Ansca Mobile also rolled out a significant update to Corona SDK on Mac, containing many new features and bug fixes including:
- Game Center support: Mac users now will be able to add Game Center support to their Corona apps and games for iOS.
- Corona UI: A toolbox of pre-built UI objects that users can drop into their Corona apps across multiple platforms. This toolbox is available to Corona SDK subscribers only.
Corona SDK is free to use for an unlimited trial on Mac and Windows, with mobile development subscription options available for users who want to publish their apps in the App Store or Android Market. Indie subscriptions (build only to one platform, iOS or Android) are $199/year, and Pro subscriptions (build for both iOS and Android) are $349/year.
About Ansca Mobile
Ansca, Inc. (http://www.anscamobile.com) is a venture-backed Palo Alto, CA-based mobile development company founded by two former Adobe mobile engineers who previously led the Adobe Flash Lite engineering team. Their Corona SDK software development kit empowers developers of all backgrounds to create graphically rich games and applications for Apples iOS and Googles Android mobile platforms. Corona SDK-based applications have been downloaded more than 10M times in the first quarter of 2011 alone.
# # #
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2011/4/prweb8306000.htm.
Related Keywords:computer crime, computing and information technology, satellite technology, wireless technology, science and technology, technology (general), identification technology, agricultural research and technology, computing and information technology, satellite technology, software, wireless technology, science and technology, technology (general), identification technology, agricultural research and technology, computer crime, missile systems, political systems, internet, computing and information technology, satellite technology, wireless technology, science and technology, technology (general), identification technology, agricultural research and technology, computing and information technology,