|Page (1) of 1 - 04/10/03||email article||print page|
Corel To Ship Painter 8New version supports Photoshop layers, gains brush creation tools
Corel Painter 8 is designed to emulate traditional media tools, such as pencils, paints, charcoal and the like. The new version includes more than 400 new brushes in more than 30 different media categories. It also includes an interactive "Brush Creator" for users to design their own brushes in a visual environment. Other new features include:
- Color mixer, which allows users to mix colors as with a traditional paint palette;
- Ability to create sketches from photographs using the new "Sketch Effect" function;
- Redesigned Interface;
- A new Tracker palette to keep track of most recently used brushes;
- Ability to open and save Adobe Photoshop files, including layer sets, layer masks and channels;
- New layer masks for hiding and revealing areas of a layer without making permanent changes;
- Ability to create and store masks.
Corel Painter 8 will be available in May for Mac OS X and Windows for $299. Upgrades from previous versions will be available for $149. Ann educational version will also be available for $99. For more information, visit http://www.corel.com/painter8.
Contact the author: Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Mac OS, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at [email protected].
Related Keywords:Corel To Ship Painter 8